My Fake Valentine | tammy

WC: 2839

As I stretch my body out of its curled position from sleep, I groan. After a few minutes of just laying there I flip over, ready to start my day. That all crashes down once I check my phone and glance at the date. Valentine's Day. Literally the one day of the year I loathe wholeheartedly.

I know it's supposed to be a day filled with love and cute dates, but I hate it. Every year since I could remember, I've never had a date. All of my friends would post cute little baskets or ramble on and on about plans. Me, however, I never had anyone to do those things with, this year is no different.

As someone who loves love and being in love, this really sucks. I've always wanted to plan cute things for my girlfriend. To surprise her with the cliche big teddy bear and roses. Take her out to a fancy restaurant and watch the sunset, all of it. It's not due to the fact that I've never liked anyone, it's that I seem to choose the wrong people.

So today isn't really my day to say the least, I'm not looking forward to it all. Knowing that I have to face it at some point, I force myself out of bed and make myself relatively presentable. I drag my feet down the stairs of the loft where I'm met with Lou making breakfast. "Morning" I mutter and she turns to face me with a big smile.

"Morning" she exclaims, turning back to her task. I glance over to see she's making cute little heart shaped pancakes. I sigh to myself as I take a seat at the island. Debbie comes down shortly after and hugs Lou from behind. She places kisses on her neck and whispers something in her ear making her chuckle.

The brunette turns around, spotting me, and smiles. "Good morning" she chimes and I reciprocate the greeting as I begin to feel worse. Soon enough Lou is done and she yells through the loft that breakfast is ready. Whilst we wait for the others to come down she makes mimosas. Not just any mimosas though, because god forbid we forget what day it is.

Owning a bar has it peeks it seems, as she makes pink tinted drinks. It's adorable and under other circumstances I would tell her that but not now, not today. The kitchen is soon filled with people, filing into the dining room. I greet them half-heartedly but they don't seem to notice. I guess it's something about being high on love.

Debbie and Lou take the food into the dining room and I slowly stand up. Tammy is the last person to come down, rubbing her eyes softly. This day just got a whole lot worse for me considering she's my crush. She enters the kitchen, both of us being the only ones in pajamas. "Morning, y/n" she smiles tiredly, "morning" I mumble.

I turn and enter the room with everyone else, taking a seat and reaching for food. Tammy takes the only empty seat which happens to be next to me. Everyone talks of their activities for the day whether it be dinner or a boat ride. Some of them even having entire itineraries and secret plans.

I listen as everyone gushes over their partners and my mind starts screaming. I finish my food as quickly as possible, not drawing attention since everyone is distracted. I get up saying that I'm going to shower and they all nod, some of them not looking up. I get to my room and close the door, leaning my back against it.

This is so unfair. I'm happy for all of them, don't get me wrong, I just wish I could share in the joy. It's bad enough I don't have a date, even worse the only person I want to be my date doesn't like me back. I don't even need to think about it anymore, I'm not leaving my room today.

I turn on the tv to distract myself and start watching The Good Place. I forget about everything as I laugh at the silliness of it all. A knock sounds on the door but it falls on deaf ears as I'm consumed in the show. The door creaks open but it's drowned out by my laughs. "Y/n?" I hear and turn my head to face Tammy.