Chapter 2: Bite and New best friend

"Did your dad ground you?" Scott asked, walking up to the girl

"I probably should have." Noah sighed.

"Nah, just said to mind his privacy. Whatever the hell that means." Hope replied as Scott laughed at the last part.

"Really?" Noah asked his daughter.

"Umm, yeah." Hope said, like it was common sense. "I mean c'mon how do you think these two survived?" Hope asked, pointing at Dean and Sam who looked at her offended.

"Okay, show me." Hope said, meaning the bite he was given last night.

Scott lefts up his shirt to show Hope his bite wound, which is covered with gauze and tape that has a small amount of blood leaking through.

"Holy hell!"

"Yeah."

"Did it hurt?"

"Obviously!"

Scott pulls his shirt back down as the two resume their walk into the school.

"It was too dark to see much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf."

"A wolf bit you?" Hope asked, repeating what she had heard him say.

"Mhm." Scott nodded, obliviously.

"No, not a chance." Hope shakes her head.

"Why not?" Cass asked, confused.

"Because I've looked it up, there are none in beacon hills." Hope told the angel.

"Wait, why did you look it up?" Lydia questioned, pointing at the girl.

"That's not important." Hope said, tucking her hair behind her ear a little.

"I heard a wolf howling." Scott stated, confused.

"Nope, you didn't." Hope said with her fact voice that usually drove people nuts.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked, getting annoyed and frustrated. "How do you know what I heard?"

"I don't but I do know that California doesn't have wolves, okay? There wasn't been any in, like sixty years." Hope told him with a smile.

"See?"

"Really?"

"Yes, really. There are no wolves in California." Hope repeated, as the two stopped at the stairs.

"All right. Well, if you don't believe me about the wolf, then you're definitely not gonna believe me about when I tell you I found the body."

"What?! You-- are you kidding me?" Hope exclaimed, getting excited.

"It's concerning that it excits you." Chris said, looking at the girl.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." Hope replied with a smile as people looked at her weird.

"Why do I marry you in the future?" Dean asked himself, knowing he won't get an answer.

"No, I wish. I'm gonna have nightmares for a month." Scott said, truthfully.

"This will be the next best thing next to my birth." Hope said as they continued to walk.

"Oh yeah?"

"Obviously." Hope laughed. "I'm the best thing to happen to this town."

"I stand by that and I'm the best thing to happen to you guys." Hope said, pointing at Dean, Sam, and Cass.

~😇~

Scott and Hope enter their first period English class and take their seats, where the teacher, Mr. Curtis, immediately begins the lecture without introduction.

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the woods last night."

"Don't think he should tell that to kids."

"Yeah."

Scott grins and looks over at Hope, who is in the desk one row and one column behind him and who winks at him knowingly.

"And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody, which means you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus, which is on your desk outlining this semester."

Hope rolled her eyes, bored already, the vice principal walks a girl into the classroom, where he introduces her to the other students.

"Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome."

Allison, who looks nervous, smiles weakly before finding the only open seat in the class, which just happens to be the seat behind Scott and to the right of Hope, the latter of whom smiles at her awkwardly as she sits down.

Scott, turns around and offers her a pen. Allison looks surprised by the gesture, but smiles at him gratefully.

"Thanks!"

"That's not weird at all."

~😊~

"Hey, Lydia!" Hope called her friend, Lydia Martin who smiled at her.

"Hey, what's up?" Lydia asked.

"There's this new girl, her name is Allison Argent." Hope informed her.

"You mean her?" Lydia pointed at the brunette.

"Mhm." Hope hummed. "Let's go make her our besie!"

"That's how you decided to be my friend?" Allison asked with a soft smile.

"Umm, yeah?"

"That jacket is absolutely killer. Where'd you get it?" Lydia asked Allison as her and Hope walked up to her.

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison replied to her question.

"And you are my second best friend, next to Hope, of course." Lydia said, pointing to the girl.

"Well, bye. Gotta meet up with Scott!" Hope said, waving to the two.