As we walk towards the back area, Nick is suddenly pounced on by someone, almost knocking me over. Connor supports me and stops me from falling.

"Mia, what the fuck," Nick doesn't look happy. "Why are you here?"

"I missed you, babe. I bumped into Kady, and she told me you were having a party," Nick looks over at Kady not too pleased.

She shrugs her shoulders, not taking the blame for it. "Who's this?" She points at me, glaring. "Eh, It's Lorna. You know her," Nick responds.
"Why is she here?" Her voice is whiny, and she looks like she's had a lot to drink.

Not wanting to get involved, I glance at Connor and tilt my head toward the back door. He nods in agreement, leaving Nick to handle his ex.

Connor and I settle down on a poolside bed, sharing laughter. "I kinda feel bad leaving Nick to deal with Mia," I admit. Connor chuckles, claiming Nick will be alright. We chat away, and it's easy to open up to Connor.

"Just need to go pee," he says, standing up. "That's nice, Connor," I chuckle, watching him go. He shrugs, saying he'll be back in a moment.

Left to myself, I recline, gazing up at the stars. The night is clear, and the weather remains mild.

Footsteps approach, and I assume it's Connor returning. But, it's not him—it's one of the guys who was with Kady, the same one who had that creepy grin directed at me. "Mind if I sit?" he asks. I look up to see his face. I hesitate, then answer, "Uh, I was just about to head back in," trying to sidestep him, but he blocks my path.

"What's the hurry, gorgeous? I just want to talk," he says, his tone unnerving. I feel fear creeping into my voice as I respond, "Look, I don't want any trouble. Please, just let me go back inside." My voice shakes as I speak.

His response sends a shiver down my spine, "I only want to get to know you."

His voice was laced with danger, each word dripping with a subtle yet unmistakable menace that causes me to step back.

"Well, I don't want to talk to you, so if you don't mind," I assert, attempting to maintain a firm tone as I make another attempt to get past him.

However, he grabs my wrist forcefully, yanking me back against his chest. His words cut through the air like a blade, "Listen here, you little slut. Can't go around wearing outfits like this and expect guys not to notice."

"Let me go!" My voice grows louder, a desperate attempt to attract attention. He reaches for my hair, trying to pull me into a kiss, but suddenly, he's ripped away from me.

Connor's punch lands in the guy's gut, causing him to stumble, his face twisted in anger. He spits on the ground, his laughter carrying a sinister edge. "Jesus, you must be really good in bed, blondie. Having two pretty boys fighting your battles? Where's the other one?"

Confusion clouds my mind, my brows furrow, and then realisation hits me. Kady and the guys from Brady's. He was the creep Reece almost punched.

"Well, I'm not gonna let an opportunity pass with a pretty little thing like you," he snarls, trying to grab me again. Connor steps between us, shielding me. The guy swings a punch, connecting with Connor's face. I scream, panic coursing through me. They're locked in a fight now, a crowd forming around them.

Some are spectators, others trying to break it up. Amidst the chaos, I lose my footing and fall over a sun lounger, hitting my head against the table. Pain shoots through it, landing hard on my knees, and I can't help but yelp out as my hands smack the pavement.

Tears now stream down my face. Someone lifts me up, and through my blurred vision, I see it's Nick. "It's okay, Lorna, I've got you," he reassures. He carries me inside, his voice commanding the party to end and everyone to leave.