Part Time Psychic

Start from the beginning

T: Seeing how suspicious he was, it looked more like an illegal deal than anything.

S: At least he was polite.

T: Did he notice us?

S: Probably not.

T: Seeing what he bought, I didn't think it was necessary to be secretive about it. 

S: It's probably what he's going to do with it.

T: What?

A few days later,

Kusuo told me that he would be working at a ramen shop. I wonder how he would do. When I entered, a crowd was gathered at the front counter, I managed to peek at the source, and I see Kusuo stretching the dough for the noodles. For a part time worker, Kusuo seems a bit too good at making noodles. The dough he uses hasn't been separated once, it almost looked like slime or rubber. I just watch him serve ramen to a horde of people without a single word.

T: Good job

Kusuo's eyes darted to me in slight surprise.

S: Thank you.

T: Really, people would think you work full time.

S: Well, I had to do extra since one person ran this place. Makes you respect the owner more.

T: It really does.

I just watch him clean after the rush hour.

T: You know, I like watching you work hard at a job, makes you look more like an adult

S: Do I rarely look like an adult?

T: You always look mature, but your lifestyle is quite idle to be an adult.

S: That's how you view my attempt at a normal lifestyle

T: I do usually go out of my way to bring you places, which is ironic for someone who can teleport anywhere.

S: I did bring you to the best places in Okinawa, and I know I shouldn't spoil you

T: Makes sense.

Our conversation was interrupted by stomping noises outside the restaurant. A rough voice greets the place as he pushes the door.

Nendou Riki: Hey Boss, can I have my usual?

It's Nendou.

I panicked and I turned to Kusuo, that is wearing green glasses attached to a fake nose and moustache. I was so close to burst out laughing but I managed to hold it in. 

T: Is that going to work?

S: We'll find out.

N: Eh, who are you?

Nendou looks intently to Kusuo.

N: You don't look like the boss, but you look familiar.

He's so immersed in his thinking that he hasn't noticed that I'm here.

N: You're probably the boss' apprentice. You look like a pal I know, but he wouldn't work here.

Didn't expect good reasoning from him.

N: Also you have a nice moustache.

Never mind,

T: Good afternoon, Nendou.

Nendou turns and finds me sitting right next to him.

N: Oh...Teruhashi-san. What are you doing here?