4: Family and Mistold Stories

POV: Kara

Family? I never thought I would have any other family besides Clark and my mother. But standing before me is Kal-El's sister.

"We're family? But how? Are you his older or younger sister?"

I never knew any other child of the Jor-els, just Clark, but with the Multiverse, anything is possible.

"Younger."

"I thought Krypton was destroyed when Kal was a baby."

"No, well, mother was pregnant with him when her and father left Krypton."

"Wait? Aunt Lara and Uncle Jor-El lived in your universe?"

"Yeah, wait, mother and father died in your universe?"

I began to get overwhelmed with emotions, the thought that my aunt and uncle were alive in another universe hurt. But I was happy for Zala, she got to keep her parents. I may still have my mother thanks to Argo City, but I never see her anymore.

"Zala, if you wouldn't mind, could I get a photo of us? So I can show my Clark."

"What is a photo? And who is Clark?"

"What? Clark, your brother. Does he not go by Clark there? I guess since he didn't move in with the Kents he wouldn't have got that name. What I meant was a photo for my Kal. Wait, how do you not know what a photo is?"

"We do not have such a thing in my universe. But maybe we could have a portrait of us drawn for your Kal."

"A photo would be way faster though." I tried to explain.

"Could you explain what a photo is?"

"It's an image of something. Like this."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my cell phone. I snapped a picture of Zala and once the flash went off, Zala's eyes went red and a pair of red beams shot through my phone.

"What was that for?"

"What did you do to me with that cursed device?" Zala asked as she began to float in the air, eyes still glowing red.

"Woah! Calm down, I was taking a picture of you to show you."

"Zala, darling, would you please come down here, I can show you what Kara was trying to do." Lena said in a calm voice.

She had one hand in the air, and the other over her stomach in a protective way.

"Who are you again?" Zala asked.

"I am Kara's wife. I guess your cousin-in-law. Is that what you call it?"

"Wife?" Zala questioned, her eyes dimmed but she was now looking at Lena's stomach. "You are with child?"

"Yes."

"Zala, my love. Please come down here. I do not think your cousin was trying to hurt you." The woman in red and gold said.

"Yes, Diana." Zala said, as if she were in trouble. But she lowered down to the ground and immediately grabbed Diana's hand. "I am sorry cousin. Your block startled me."

"It's ok. I'm guessing your world doesn't have cell phones?"

"What is a cell phone?"

"That's a no."

"What universe are you from anyways?" Lena asked.

"Great question Mrs. Luthor-Danvers." A familiar voice rang out.

Everyone turned and saw Professor Paradox, standing in the middle of the table with a smile.

"Paradox? What the fuck man? You just kidnap us and bring us here and just leave?" Lena shouted.