| Year 3 | Chapter 11: Panic Room

Start from the beginning

"Before you say anything else," Liliana sits down next to me, grabbing my arm. "Know you aren't a monster. You're not, d'you hear me?"

"Snape's a bastard," Vanessa agrees. "Of course you were going to be angry. And you have a temper, you know that has nothing to do with the Wolf thing."

"Do I?" I sigh, but it doesn't calm me the way I hoped it would. "I mean, I don't think I've ever bwen this lethal. I swear I could've hit his head off his neck!"

"Yeah well, so can we right now," Ginny is still steaming. "That's what anger can feel like and there's nothing wrong with being mad like that, especially in this case."

"No, you don't understand!" It's not just that I felt the anger, it's how much anger I felt. What I could've done.

"Okay, so maybe we don't," Liliana agrees. "Maybe we don't understand, and maybe it did have something to do with your were- wolf side."

"Lili!"

"But that doesn't mean you're a monster!"

"Liliana, I think that is exactly what that means," I huff and let myself fall backwards on my bed. "Can we talk about something else please? I'd like a distraction."

The girls exchange an uneasy look and I don't blame them and agree to change the subject.

"Where's Marley anyways?" I ask them. I haven't seen her much today, even though we share all our classes.

"Huh, no idea," Ginny looks taken aback, obviously unaware up until now of her absence. "Probably with some of those Huf- flepuff friends."

"No, I think I saw her with her brother and some of his friends," Vanessa answers. "How are you doing? Weren't you gonna go to the Hospital Wing, before all of that stuff with Snape happened?"

"Yeah, you were!" Liliana sits up straighter, strictly pointing a finger at me. "You should go let Madam Pomfrey fetch you up! Need anyone to come with you?"

I roll my eyes, but they're serious. "Of course not. I can handle myself fine you guys!" I scoff before setting off for the Hospi- tal Wing. Do they really think me that fragile?

"Hi there Lucy," Blaise Zabini stops me, smirking. "Haven't seen you around much yet."

"Nope same here," I reply, but seeing his reaction, I didn't sound all that fine. He raises his brows in question. "Sorry, just a rough day."

"Ah, those days I know. Awful, right?"

"Yeah, they really are. What are you doing? Where are your friends?" I look around to be sure, but the other Slytherin goonies aren't here.

"Everyone needs a break from their friends sometimes," Blaise shrugs. "I feel like this is my time. Don't get me wrong, my friends are awesome, but sometimes..."

"You just need to be alone?" I smile and snort at his reaction. "I get it. Sometimes being alone gives you just the time and space you need."

"Huh, I never thought a Gryffindor like you would get that."

"It's a common misconception."

"Pardon me for the mistake," he apologizes. "To be fair, you Gryffindors have a lot of wrong opinions on us Slytherins too."

"I really wish we wouldn't, but it's true. Not everyone though, I've got a few friends who don't care for the prejudices that much. Too bad that's also the people who seem to get picked on by some of the Slytherins..."

"By the idiots only, I am no idiot though."

"We will see about that, won't we?"

"Yes, we will."