4 - Seven Minutes in Heaven

A few days went on, after the cafe incident. Niyuki found herself getting more tired lately, as she has been doing her studies and work more later at night, ever since she started studying late that one day. The girl yawned, putting her mouth up to her face in efforts to cover her open mouth.

I really need to fix my sleep schedule.

The girl sighed from exhaustion, while walking her way to the school yet again. She slid on her headphones up to her ears, as they were just resting around her neck, and looked through her phone. She scrolled across some songs through her phone, and chose more of a rap/ rock song, in hopes that will slightly wake her up.

"Hey! Kye!!" The girl looked to the side of her, and saw Teruhashi, waving towards her, quicking her pace to catch up with Niyuki, as usual. Niyuki got used to Teruhashi going up by her side, following her along. In fact, she actually enjoyed having the company, especially since it's only her first week.

"Good morning Kye!! How are you doing today?" Teruhashi asked, finally into the same walking pace as Niyuki. The girl slid one side of her headphones out of her ear, so she could partially hear Teruhashi.

"I'm alright," Niyuki yawned, as she replied to Teruhashi's response.

"I'm just.." Niyuki paused, as they both continued walking, "a little bit tired.. but I'm pretty sure I'll wake up more throughout the day," Niyuki reassured, now looking at Teruhashi with a thumbs up.

Teruhashi looked back at Niyuki, and gave an "okay.." face. You can obviously tell the poor girl has been overworked, as the contrast between the gleaming bright Teruhashi, and the tired gloomy Niyuki walking side by side was easily read, like reading a book. It would make sense, as she tried to keep up with the semester since she transferred mid school year. It doesn't make this any better as she's been working most of this at night anyways.

"After school, you should get the rest," Teruhashi said, putting her head forward while looking at Niyuki with a concerned look.

"Plus it's the weekend after this, so you deserve the rest,"

Soon the two girls were now in front of the school, with the both of them walking inside. "Yeah, I guess you're right Kokomi," Niyuki muttered, as they both walked into the classroom, as well as the girl fully placing her headphones on her head again.

The girl walked towards her seat, pulling the chair out of her desk, and taking her seat, she slowly laid her head onto her desk from her drowsiness. With Niyuki's head down, she had no care if any student was looking at her from her position, as she just wanted to lay her head down for at least a minute or two. Plus she was unbothered as most classmates weren't in the classroom, just yet.

"Hi Niyuki- uh.. are you good?" The girl heard a voice she recognized right behind her. It was Kaido, but yet it took her a second to respond.

It was the same case with Teruhashi, ever since Niyuki and Kaido talked during the cafe day, as well as Niyuki seeking interest in what Kaido had to say, he began talking to her ever so often as well. Usually at the start of class, he would converse with her, usually about the 'Dark Reunion' and the 'Jet black Wings', but sometimes the two of them would talk about random topics as well in the morning.

"I just wanted to rest my head," the girl whispered, responding back to Kaido who wasn't within her sight since her head was on the desk. Suddenly, she lifted her head, and looked at Kaido who was standing up right in front of her seat, with slight confusion in his face.

"So, what's the news?" She asked, putting her elbow on her desk while resting her head on her hand. She was looking at Kaido, curious about what he had to say today. The blue haired boy took a moment, and then explained his adventures as being the 'Jet Black Wings' to her, as she nodded in agreement, and listened to him as he carried on with his story.