fifteen

"skye, i'm glad we got to know you more. i'm glad the boys got to know you more. it's good that they feel like they have other family out there besides just each other. plus. you're actually pretty fun to hang around. i really enjoyed these past few days." amelia looked at skye beside her as they walked to their car to bid them and julia goodbye.

amelia genuinely thought skye was odd at first, but they surprised her just how much of an impact they made on everyone in just a few days. it was very obvious amelia wasn't fond of them at the beginning, but now, skye was someone she could see herself actually being good friends with.

skye laughed softly, "thanks, but i'm not the only family they have. they have you guys. we may be blood, but you guys will always be more a family to them then me and my mom ever will."

"well, i think we should change that, huh?" the brunette grinned as they approached the car along with the rest of the teens and the parents behind them.

"all right, don't look too happy. you're not getting rid of me forever. your wicked aunt julia is still just a phone call away." julia said, wrapping an arm around skyes shoulders.

"thank you for everything." conrad looked at his aunt gratefully. at first she was the woman who was selling their childhood home. the home that held so many memories that just couldn't be replaced. now she was the woman who helped save the house and all those memories along with it.

"i'm glad it worked out."

"we should get going, too." laurel cut in. "oh. uh, a-actually, i was wondering can-can you stay for, like, one more night?" jeremiah asked, immediately catching onto the look on laurels face at his request.

"come on. we have to help con study for his final. it's tomorrow." he pleaded.

steven looked at the boy with a tilted head, "dude, you know we're 18, right?" he motioned between him and amelia with a chuckle. "like, we don't need our moms permission to..."

"hmm?" laurel looked at the two with a tilted head and raised eyebrows like a mother would. "we-we need our mom's permission to study." amelia stammered, causing everyone to chuckle at the response.

"laurel, please. they're not gonna let me transfer to stanford if i don't pass this." conrad spoke softly. "you better do more than just pass." the woman nodded her head.

"yes, ma'am."

"you really got in?" belly furrowed her brows as she watched the boy. conrad shrugged one shoulder, "yeah." he breathed out. belly smiled like a proud mother causing the fisher boys lips to turn up a bit.

"does this mean i have to sleep on a sleeping bag tonight?" laurel whined. amelia would be lying if she said she didn't miss the comfort of her own bed at home.

"oh, we've got the motel room for one more night. you want it?" julia quipped, laurel immediately nodding in response. "oh, heck yes. thank you."

"oh, skye, parting gift." conrad handed skye two tin foil wrapped items as the two moms walked away closer to the car. skye bowed jokingly, "thank you, conrad, my dear sir."

"my pleasure."

amelia stepped closer to skye with a wide smile playing on her face.

"oh, no."

amelia nodded with her arms stretched it, "oh, yes." she then wrapped both arms around skye tightly while they squeezed their eyes shut, laughing a bit. just as she was about to let go, jeremiah and steven both wrapped their arms around skye as well, hugging them just a tight.

amelia can't believe it, but she would actually miss skye's stupidly funny math jokes and weird humor. she would miss skye. but she was sure she'd be seeing them soon anyways.