two

after the lunch, amelia, steven, and belly excused their selves to head home early to get ready for the party.

this would be amelia's first party in a while, so she wanted to look good, feel good, and maybe also make some bad decisions she would likely regret later.

"knock knock." a voice called as they walked through the door.

"you know, you can't say 'knock knock' as you knock on the door. and you can't walk through while saying 'knock knock'," amelia chuckled once she turned around and saw her best friend entering the room.

"i can do whatever i want." bella giggled, sitting on the bed while amelia went back to shuffling through her clothes.

"i don't know what to wear." the brunette groaned, turning back around to face the blonde. "you look good, though."

"thanks. and let me help you, i know you have some cute clothes in here." bella got up, going to the closet. she flicked through the shirts and dresses before landing on a white floral dress. "ehh?"

amelia lifted a eyebrow at her friend, "hell no." she chuckled, also going to flip through the clothing. "what about this?" she asked as she held up a all black tube top.

"nah." bella shook her head.

amelia continued looking until she stopped once she landed on a familiar hoodie she hasn't seen in a while. she even forgot that she still had it.

"mel, i'm serious." jeremiah chuckled. "i am going to get my happy ass in my jeep. drive all the way to your house. force steven to share his room with me, and then i'll attend your school. laurel can't say no to me since i'm her favorite." he explained.

amelia laughed as she stared at the boy on the phone. "jere, you can't come live with me."

jeremiah sighed, flopping back on his bed while holding his phone above his head. "i know, i know. it's just- without conrad here, and my mom being sick... everything's just different, you know?" he grew silent.

it was amelia's turn to sigh now, "i know, jere. i'm sorry." she felt really bad for him. it hadn't even been a month and amelia already wanted nothing more than to get in her car and drive to his house at this very moment.

"i really miss you, mel."

amelia smiled sadly, "i miss you too, jere."

jeremiah looked at the girl through the screen with so much admiration in his eyes, "all right, enough with the sappy shit. wait- is that my hoodie?" he suddenly asked when he took notice of amelia's full outfit.

"yeah. i think i took it a few summers ago, i'm not sure." she giggled.

the curly headed boy laughed softly. "i knew it. so how's smelly belly?"

amelia chuckled, getting off her bed. "let's go see." she exited her room and walked down the hall into her cousins room.

"hey, belly. jere wants to know-"

"mel, i'm on the phone." belly announced.

"well aren't you just popular today?" the boy on the belly's phone snickered.

amelia raised her eyebrow in confusion. "conrad?" she voiced.

"hey, amelia." he dragged.