three

amelia groaned as she was violently shook out of her sleep. "5 more minutes." she said groggily, pulling the covers tighter.

"we don't have 5 minutes. conrad's missing and we have to go find him." belly announced.

that was enough to wake amelia up. her eyes immediately snapped open. "he's what?"

"missing. j- uh, his roommate called and said he took off yesterday and hasn't come back since." belly wasn't gonna tell amelia how jeremiah called her in the middle of the night panicking because he hasn't heard from his brother. so she told a small lie.

"his roommate called you? why would he call you?" amelia questioned, rubbing her eyes.

"um, you know... he knew we dated so he just called me to see if maybe i knew something." belly covered up. "enough questions, we have to go before someone wakes up."

amelia gathered all the things she'd need for about 2 days. she looked at the text she'd received from jeremiah letting her know he was outside. she then sprayed herself with perfume and quietly exited the house.

she felt bad sneaking out, especially since belly did the same thing a week ago to see conrad.

amelia practically skipped to the red jeep parked in front of her neighbors house. she opened the door with a big smile on her face, "hi." she breathed out, getting in the vehicle.

"hey." he said with a goofy grin of his own. "come here." he leaned in, grasping the back of her head to meet her lips in a sweet and short kiss.

amelia smiled, pulling back, "you never told me where we're going. for all i know you could be trying to kidnap me."

jeremiah chuckled, cranking the car engine. "i know where i won't be taking you."

amelia grew intrigued, "where?"

"cousins. a little birdy told me that conrad and belly weren't being very PG." he explained with a hint of a smirk.

"ohh." she dragged. "i'm that little birdy, right?"

jeremiah nodded with a smile, "yes. you're the birdy. but... we're going to my house."

amelia smiled to herself, "so we're staying at your house for 2 days? what if susannah tells my mom?"

jeremiah turned onto another street as he continued talking, "i already got that covered. she's not gonna lie, but she's just not gonna tell her."

amelia nodded slowly, "so lie? gotcha."

jeremiah waved off, "whatever. but we won't just be staying at my house. i'm gonna take you on dates and i know how much you love waterfalls and i just found out about one not even 20 minutes from my house, so i'm gonna take you there as well. we're gonna have so much fun."

amelia beamed at the thought. she turned to jeremiah, putting her hand on his that was resting on the middle console. "i don't deserve you."

"you're right. you deserve everything and more." the boy interlocked their fingers as his eyes were still on the road.

amelia didn't know what else to say, so she instead turned up the radio and listened as 'style' by taylor swift played through the speakers.

belly and amelia sat quietly on the bus. the younger girl was sitting with her head leaning against the window while amelia had one airpod in with her head leaning back on the seat.