Chapter 41

We have finally arrived at the Pokemon League building, and we heard an annoying voice, "You're late as usual, Ash."

"Gary..." I growl after seeing him with the cheerleaders behind him. "I hope tomorrow is your lucky day since the luck that you need."

"You don't know what you're talking about Gary. Why should I need the luck to win? You do realize my Mom is the Pokemon League Champion."

"My, isn't it uncool to just start a fight here?" We turn around and see that even Leaf is in the competition.

"Leaf? You're here for the League as well?" Serena asks in shock.

"Why of course. I'm going to win everything! You two are not the only ones from Pallet Town that are competing in the League, I am as well." Leaf smirks.

Okay, I really don't want to argue with them anymore, so it is time for us to leave. Then we notice a crowd of people watching the torch with Moltres' flames. Yellow asks, "What is that?"

"That's the Torchbearer, they hold the torch that holds the flame of Moltres. They are said to represent the ambitions and competitive spirits of all Trainers." Insey says.

"You don't mean the same Moltres that we faced in the Saffron City?" Yellow asks.

"Yeah, that is the same one." I say.

"Ash! There you are!" We are surprised to see Mom and Mr. Goodshow walking towards us. I gasp, "It's Mr. Goodshow! He's the president of the Pokemon League!"

"But he doesn't look like one..." Misty says.

"Misty, it's about what he does, not what he looks like." My Mom says. Goodshow says, "Your Mother and I have just talked, how do you like to be the one who brings the torch to the stadium?"

I gasp in surprise, "Me? It will be an honor..."

I have to change into the torch runner uniform, and it turns out that I'm not the only runner, but I'm the last one as the torch runners have to do the fire handover. After 11 handovers, it is my turn to bring the fire to the giant torch. But much to our surprise, I was stopped by three figures, who turned out to be Team Rocket in disguises.

"You fools! Even Giovanni won't have interrupted the Pokemon League..." My Mom mutters.

"Yeah, why are you guys already trying to ruin everything?" I frown.

"Maybe nothing everything, but we have been trying to do what we can!" Meowth says.

"You're not going to get fired up over an old flame, aren't you?" Jessie also mocks.

Then they try to steal the torch, and I hold it and yell, "There is no way we'll hand over the torch."

But much to our horror, they still manage to knock my hand off, and the Torch flies into the giant torch, which lights up the whole place. And just then, they bring out a giant Metapod machine that tries to steal the giant torch.

"Without the flame of Moltres, we can't start the competition!" Goodshow says.

Then they try to attack the trainers who are participating in the League, Aurora says, "This madness needs to be stopped."

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" I try to attack the machine, but it seems they have already put up the shield to counter the machine. My Mom sighs as she takes out a Cherish Ball, I gulp as I know what kind of Pokemon that is...

"Moltres! Use Flare Blitz attack!" My Mom sends out the Legendary Pokemon Moltres, and the attack destroys the machine and sends Team Rocket blasting off again.