Chapter 10

When we leave the Pokemon Village, we groan a little because Gary is now in front of us. I don't know why he's here, but for some reason, I don't like it... "Yo! Ashy Boy! You're still struggling along back here?"

"Not really, what about you?" I decide to play nice and ask.

"I'm doing great! I caught a bunch of strong and smart Pokémon! Here, let me see what you caught with a battle!"

So he wants a battle, that's fine for me. He goes for four Pokemon: Pidgeotto, Rattata, Abra, and his own Squirtle. I decide to go with Pikachu, Female Nidoran, Clefable, and Bulbasaur. He might be having a great ego because of his grandfather, but I still win the battle.

"Hey! Take it easy! You won already!" Gary tries to brush it off and says, "Hey, guess what? I went to Bill's and got him to show me his rare Pokémon. That added a lot of pages to my Pokédex! After all, Bill's world-famous as a PokéManiac. He invented the Pokémon Storage System on PC, too. Since you're using his system, go thank him. Well, I better go rolling! Smell ya later!"

"Yeah, we hope not to see you again." Insey sighs, but then he stops again and says, "Oh yeah, right. I feel sorry for you. No, really. You're always plodding behind me. So here, I'll give you a little present as a favor. A chatty gossip like you."

Then he gives me a Fame Checker. I know about this one since it records about other people. Gary says, "That thing's perfect. I don't need it because I don't give a hoot about others. All right, this time I really am gone. Smell ya!"

After he leaves, Serena says, "Glad to see that he's acting nice a little."

"Yeah." I say while putting the item away. Brock says, "Looks like we're now at the Nugget Bridge."

"You're right, it is said that those who beat all the trainers on the bridge will be receiving a Nugget, which probably costs a lot of money." Misty says.

"Sounds like a challenge to me." Then we decide to battle the trainers on the bridge, and after we defeated all the trainers, a man in front of us says, "Congratulations, you beat our trainers! Here's your prize!"

And as the name implies, we got the Nugget from the man. But after we get the Nugget, the man suddenly turns into a Team Rocket grunt and says, "By the way, how would you like to join Team Rocket?"

"Like we will join Team Rocket!" We realize that the whole Nugget Bridge is what Team Rocket used to recruit members, and we decide to battle the grunt, he uses Zubat and Koffing, but they are no match for Pikachu.

The grunt is trying to run away, but it is teleported away by a mysterious force. Yellow asks, "Hey, where did that trainer go?"

"It was teleported away by an Abra." Serena says while pointing at the Pokemon.

"An Abra... this is going to be a tricky one to capture. Considering its only move is Teleport." I say as I throw a Pokeball, and like I said, Abra just teleports away. Insey says, "What should we do to stop it from teleporting?"

"I think I have an idea. Pikachu, Thunder Wave!" I say, and Pikachu manages to make it paralyzed. Then I throw the Pokeball again, and this time Abra is captured.

Abra: The Psi Pokemon. Psychic Type. Using its ability to read minds, it will identify impending danger and Teleport to safety.

We send the Pokemon back out again and asks, "So Abra, where did you teleport that grunt?"

The Abra says, "A nearby Police station, duh." And suddenly, it starts to glow and Serena asks, "Evolving already?"

And now the Pokemon in front of us is a Kadabra. Ash says, "It's a Kadabra..."

Kadabra: The Psi Pokemon. Psychic Type. Evolve from Abra at LV:16. It emits special alpha waves from its body that induce headaches just by being close by.