chapter sixteen

The car that a Winter Soldier forced off the road ran into a tree head on. I rode up to the tree and get off my motor bike with one mission in mind.

I could feel Tony's unease beginning to heighten as my own unease was beginning to make me feel a weight on my chest.

The driver lays on the ground beside the car, the driver being Howard.

"Help my wife! Please! Help!"

I ignore him as I grab him by the back of his neck. I brings him to eye level as I study his bloodied face while he looks back at me pleadingly.

I felt like I could stare into his eyes again and it broke me seeing how much he was asking me for help just with his eyes. I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"Elizabeth Rogers?"

"Howard!" Maria screamed in the background.

Tony looked back over his shoulder at me. He was glaring before he focused back on the video.

Back in the video, I pound my fist into Howard's face. He slumped dead in my hold.

"Howard!" Maria screamed.

Steve looked back at me as I had began pacing back and forth trying to steady my breath.

"Tony," I whispered scared if I should approach him or not. I only got a head shake from him without a single look.

I put Howard in the driver's seat with his forehead resting against the steering wheel. I noticed Maria in the passenger and she had blood covering her face. I walked over to the passenger side of the car and without looking at her, I grabbed her by the throat and squeezed with expressionless. I strangled her into she went limp in my grip and laid in against the dashboard. I walked over to the security camera looking into it then brought my gun up and shot it.

Steve keeps his eye on Tony as he turns around toward me. I stop pacing as I looked at him too and I saw the grief and sadness in his eyes. I strangled on the sob as Tony went to lunge for me, but Steve stepped in front of him as I held my hands in front of me. Bucky came to my side protectively.

"Tony, Tony," Steve warned. "That's my little sister."

"Did you know?" Tony looked at him angrily. The tears in his eyes .. I hated to see it. There was no way Steve knew, I just found out and I only told Bucky.

"I didn't know it was her."

My eyes widened at Steve's answer. How had he known that their accident wasn't an accident? How did he find out? Better yet when did he find out?

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know?" Tony screamed and I jumped with my eyes shut at his anger.

"Tony," I whispered again. "Tony, you know Howard was my best friend."

"Eliza, stay out of it. Yes, Tony I knew."

"He didn't look like your best friend there," Tony spoke shakily filled with rage. He reengaged his helmet as he threw Steve to the floor and Bucky quickly shot at him. He dodged the bullets from Bucky and ran to me not that I registered it and grabbed me and flew across the chamber.

"Tony!" I screamed as he threw me into the floor. I arched my back as the breath was forced from my lungs. He stands on my hands I guess thinking that will stop me from using my powers. I groaned as I focused on trying to use them to push him off, but as I did, I saw Steve's shield hit him which was a great distraction.

Steve barges him backwards off of me and I get to my feet seeing Tony shoulder him to the ground and shackling his ankles. I throw my hand up to use my powers but he grabs me before I could throwing me into a machine. I groaned as I rolled off the machine as he is above me again about to throw his fist to my face. I put my hand up stop his fist with my power while a rocket shoots from his arm and explodes. As the explosion destroys some of the chamber, Tony and I fall down a level heavily breathing. I push Tony back with my powers as I try to regain some of my balance in an attempt to just think about this and how I can fix it.