chapter nine

I was in the hotel room staring at the green dress that was laying out on the bed with a pair of black heels next to it and a little note on top of it. I couldn't contain my smile as I walked over to it wondering how in the world he managed to get these things passed me. He may have been brainwashed and tortured for seventy years, but he was still a gentlemen of the forties — plus he really loved me in green.

Dearest Elizabeth,
Be ready in this outfit and whatever else you may put on by seven. It is time for our first date.
Yours Truly,
James xoxo

I smiled widely as I picked up the strapless green dress and held it against me. It had been knee length and I couldn't wait to try it on, so I began to strip out of my skinny jeans and baggy t-shirt and slipped into the dress. I went to the body mirror over by the bathroom and examined myself in the dress. I moved side-to-side as I watched it move back and forth and when it went still it hugged me in all the right places. I smiled as I went into the bathroom to see if there was anything I could work with, but with it being a hotel room there wasn't much. I looked at my reflection and I had some wavy-ness to my hair, but I wanted to make it curly. With the lack of a wand, this was unfortunately the best I could do, so I styled it in a simple braided crown.

I didn't have much of a make-up selection either, so I went with the basics of mascara, winged eye liner and a simple layer of chapstick. I had began to feel giddy inside as I hadn't gone on a real date since the seventies. Sure I had gone to dinner with some people, but those were bar hook-ups and even then, I couldn't give them what they wanted. I never gave myself to somebody like I did Bucky. I was a .. very sexually deprived woman. With that in mind, I was a little worried to see how done up Bucky was and if I would be able to contain myself.

I pushed some hair behind my ear as I went over to the bed to grab the high heels. I slipped my foot in and latched the buckle then repeated the same on my other foot as there was a knock at the door. I gave a small smile as I knew it had to be my date, so I took one final look in the mirror before walking over to the door. I took a deep breath before swinging the door open and before I saw anything else, I saw my favorite bouquet of flowers in his hands — white roses and sunflowers.

"You remembered," I whispered as my voice broke a little bit. I could hear a breathy laugh come from his nose and that's when my eyes began examining his appearance. He was in a suit with a green tie to match my green dress, as normal he had black leather gloves on so he could hide his metal hand. He was ashamed of his arm, he thought it brought danger and it was a piece of him he was ashamed of the most. My eyes slowly made their way to his face noticing a clean shaven face and his hair was neatly brushed over still framing his face. I was surprised he didn't get it cut short like how he used to have it, but I still knew I would grow on the long hair.

Maybe we'll cut it soon.

My eyes took in a complete examination of his body and how the suit jacket fit his form so beautifully. I wanted nothing more than to rip it off of him.

Like I said, I was sexually deprived.

My eyes finally went to connect with his steel blue eyes, or tried too but he was still examining my own appearance. He had a wide smile as his eyes made their way back to mine with small tears threatening to take over.

"I — mm .. you're just as beautiful as the first day I laid eyes on you," he whispered.

I smiled as I offered to take the bouquet of flowers from him which he kindly handed over as I walked over to the island and placed them down. I would find something to put them in later as I'm sure he had a wonderful date planned out, and I didn't want to worry about finding a container. I went to turn around to go back toward him, but he was standing directly behind me making our faces inches from each other when I turned around. I was the same height as him in the heels, so it made everything perfectly in line with him, and I wanted nothing more than to just attack him at that moment. I wanted to devour his touch, melt into him. I felt like I was a teenager all over again wanting to explore the euphoria of him for the first time. I wanted him to be the reason I reached that euphoria.