XII. Who Said I Love You First? My Man.

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to head back to the hotel?" I asked him.

Joshua nodded and wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him gently. Joshua buried his head into the crook of my neck. Breathing heavily. I knew he was overwhelmed with the attention.

I looked at the head of my security team, signaling him to bring the car nearby because we weren't walking anymore.

We kept walking like that until the car pulled up to the end of the curb.

"The car is here," I spoke softly.

Hugging him tighter.

"Does this happen every time you're out?" Joshua asked as soon as we got in the car.

"Normally, they don't crowd me like that," I answered.

"I don't know how you do it," Joshua said, shaking his head. "I have a headache from all that screaming and flashing lights," He added.

"I wish I could say it won't happen again but it will. This is a part of my life, whether I want it or not," I said.

Joshua nods.

"I'll get used to it. I was just overwhelmed," He said.

"Lay your head down," I told him as I patted my lap.

Joshua immediately placed his head on my lap, and as soon as my fingers began massaging his scalp, he was relaxed. Turning his head to look up at me.

"You know I saw how quickly you figured out I was overwhelmed by the attention," He said, smiling softly at me.

"Of course, I have to know your social cues," I said, smiling back at him.

After that, Joshua felt a sense of strong connection and trust. He was in love.

His hand reached out and cupped the side of my face as his heart rate increased.

"I love you," He said.

My eyes widen as my heart fluttered.

"You love me?" I asked him.

"You don't have to say it until you're ready but I'm in love with you, Mia'mor," He said.

Joshua's hands grabbed the side of my face, pulled my face towards him, and pressed his lips against mine.

Our eyes fluttered closed as we deepened the kiss.

The driver cleared his throat causing Joshua and me to pull away.

"We're here," The driver said.

As we exited the car, Joshua's words kept repeating in my head. Was I dreaming? Joshua loves me. I smiled as he held my hand, leading me into the hotel.

"Girl, focus and stop daydreaming," Joshua said, playfully smirking at me as we entered the elevator.

"I can't help it. You just told me that you love me, I'm happy," I said.

Joshua nods.

"I'm happy too," He said.

Sunday, August 27, 2023