Chapter-30

Kavya's POV

The doorbell rang and I went to open the door and saw Kabir standing their leaning against the wall.

'Are you okay?' I asked as he entered the house.

'Is Raj asleep?' he asked.

'Yes. He had his dinner and he went to sleep some time back. He was waiting for you but he was feeling very sleepy so I ordered him to go to sleep,' I told him.

'Did he go to the washroom before going to sleep?' he asked as he sat on the sofa.

'Yes. Before going to sleep I insisted to take him to the washroom even though he was not comfortable, he reluctantly agreed.' I answered while giving him a glass of water.

'Thank you,' he said and drank the whole glass of water.

'Are you okay? You seem tired?' I asked again.

'Did you have your dinner?' he asked back.

'No. Now tell me, are you okay? You look very tired,' I asked him for the third time.

'I am feeling exhausted as I admitted aunty's grandson to the hospital, paid the bills and sat in the hospital for few hours until aunty told me that I can leave as he had his dinner and took the medicines. Tomorrow I will check on him before going to the hotel,' he told me.'

'Tomorrow you will go to the hotel?' I asked him.

'Of course.'

'If you don't go to the hotel one day, it's not that it will go through a major loss,' I said as I went into the kitchen to warm the dinner for us.

He came and stood against the counter and I looked at him.

'Or do you think that customers come there just to see your handsome face and hotel will be in huge loss if you don't go for one day?' I asked sarcastically before he could reply the previous question and heard a huge laughter and looked at him to see that he was laughing wholeheartedly which made me smile.

'Do you think I am handsome?' he asked and was still laughing.

'Of course, anyone who has eyes can see that you are handsome,' I looked at him to see that he was laughing.

'Why are you laughing? I am stating a fact,' I asked as she bought the dinner on the dining table and served him a plate and made a plate for herself.

'Nothing,' he chuckled.

'Anyways, why did you wait for me to have dinner? Why didn't you had your dinner with Raj?' he changed the subject.

'I waited for you because I wanted to wait for you. Now, start your dinner,' I playfully scolded him and he didn't say anything and started having his dinner.

*****

'I will wash the utensils,' he said, rolled his sleeves, pushed me aside and started washing the plates.

'Kabir, I can wash it.'

'But, you don't have to wash it,' he said and continued washing the utensils and I stood beside him.

'Have you ever washed the utensils?' I asked after some time.

'One or two times, when aunty had taken a leave.'

'Should I take a picture of you?' I asked and he looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

'The great, Kabir Ahuja, owner of Hotel Royal Plaza is washing the utensils,' I said and started laughing and he joined me.