Chapter 12 - The String of Fate

"Say, what would you do if you experience this like- I don't know, comfort? With someone you were told to befriend with? I mean like- I clearly don't acknowledge..that as a friend but this.. friend does" Jake scrambles, looking down at the neon yellow highlights scattered around his book while his eyebrows held a frown.

"What does that mean, Jungwon?" Jake looks up at the round eyes beside him who bursts out in a silent fit of laughters. A small sound coming from his throat eradicates his emotions to subside into annoyance.

"Bro, that's a crush dude!" Jungwon exclaims, rather harsh for the ears of the other students as Jake feels the burning glars cut down his spine.

"Hush Jungwon!" Jake grits, setting one of his highlighters in between his textbook before closing it to fully face the younger who has subsided his laughter.

"What? Like- when was the last time you fell in love?....right kindergarten! And you're a senior my friend! Of course I would be amused" Jungwon explains, resting his chin on his right palm.

"But it's not love Jungwon, I don't feel anything romantic. Whatever bullshit those romance novels have- I don't get them..." Jake babble, trying to make the other understand the message yet here he was, still engrossed with the idea of an infatuation with someone.

Jake thinks that he'll just drop everything now, sooner or later maybe this guy in-front of him would be some help and maybe he didn't lose to the thoughts of expressing such thoughts to him.

"I guess I just feel comfort with them, nothing else, nothing else" Jake bites the bottom of his lip, "But the thing is... it's in the middle of a family kind of comfort and a friend kind of comfort" Jungwon gapes at the words, blinking his round eyes slowly before his mouth closes.

"Hmm, well, I suggest letting you find it out yourself. It wouldn't hurt to push through your own buttons, would it? Find it out yourself, hyung... Find out the kind of comfort you get with them. And I'm sorry for a while ago, I was just- shocked from what I heard" Jungwon explains, finding words by looking somewhere, anywhere, everywhere around the huge expanse of the school's library.

"It's fine, Jungwon. Thank you for the advice and the reaction, I guess...."

"It's all good, hyung. I may not be the best person in giving advice but I'll always be here for your help" Jungwon smiles, tapping quiet sounds on a grayish page of his book.

"Thanks, won" Jake warmly smiles at the assurance given to him. Grabbing another textbook from his bag, continuing his study but in another subject.

----

"Why are you ignoring me, Hoon" Jake scurries, trying to catch the younger from the crowded hallways. He manages to get a grip on the fabric of his hoodie near his right shoulder, allowing him to pull the younger near him and on the same time pull himself closer.

"We are in good terms, right?" Jake asks despite the cold stoned face in-front of him who still walks yet slower than the pace he had before Jake took a grip on his hoodie.

Sunghoon nods at the question, still not bringing his eyes to meet Jake's.

"But why are you avoiding me? Is something wrong?"

That.

That statement halts the younger from his walks, causing the other to stumble on his steps.

"Ah-" Jake falls, ready to feel the hard slam of his body on the dirty cement floor. Closing his eyes at the impact, he feels a hand coming in contact with the back of his head before he feels the pain on the back of his torso.