Wednesday

8:35 p.m.

I sit in front of the mirror. I close my eyes in pain from the flat iron for the fifth time. "You might as well burn my scalp off at this point", I sarcastically say as Kaila straightens another strand of my hair. She's almost finished and I'm thankful because I don't know how much more pain I can take.

   "You're so dramatic", she huffs. "Where are y'all going anyway?"

   "I don't know", she looks at me through the mirror wide-eyed.

     Kaila smirks, "you letting him just take you anywhere? You must like him"

     She's not aware of him giving me head. That's something I wanted to keep between us. She doesn't have a clue that we even kissed yet. "I didn't think we would vibe but he's cool peoples. He's very respectful and he always gives compliments"

    "Have y'all talked about what he does for a living?", Kaila raises an eyebrow, she almost looks concerned.

"Owning the barber and tattoo shop", I tell her and she nods slowly. "Doesn't he own it with Sniper", I cringe after saying his name. I know its not his real name but why would someone want to call him that? Why would want someone to call him that? Stuff like that made me wonder but I decided to mind my business for the simple fact that my cousin seems happy. "Is there something I should know?", I eye her through the mirror and she purses her lips together. "You sure", I turn around to face her.

"Yea he owns its Sniper. I was wondering if that was good enough for you since I know you're picky", she turns the conversation into a joking manner.

"Maybe a little bit but so far its been straight", I convince her and she nods. Once she finishes my hair, she packs up her products. "You like? Now that my services is done, I have to get ready for my man."

"Where are y'all going?"

"You know I love some hood shit", Kaila smirks and I shake my head. I didn't even want to know what that consisted of. I'm sure i'll see some of it in her close friends later on.

I shake my head as I put on a lash, "Girl just be safe pls"

"My man got the glah", she pretends to shoot an imaginary glock. "Sniper got the name for a reason"

"Gir-", I pause and look at her. "Please see yourself through that exit"

-

This new lil' situation got me gone, woah woah
We been at it for a minute, I know its wrong though
I couldn't just leave her alone

I looked at the radio out the corner of my eye, seeing the name of the song displayed on the screen. My eyes travel from the screen to Jeremiah in the driver's seat, glancing my way every so often. "You know you fucking with that song", he smirks at me and I playfully roll my eyes. I didn't want to admit that it caught my attention. I don't really listen to rap that often and when I do its female rap. "Just a little bit", I pinch my fingers together as he turns down this dark road.

"Mhm, imma get that ratchet out of you. I'm already getting most of the shy side out the way", I blush as he puts his right hand on my thigh.