"Hey Elena! How were your classes today?" She asks and gives me a big smile. I can't help but notice the way Liam's face lights up when Katherine smiles.

"They were okay, you?" I sit my books on my dresser and she tells me about her professor spilling coffee on himself so they got out early.

"You look nice today Elena" Damon tells me and I thank him and sit on Katherine's bed with the three of them. The bed really is too small for all of us but it works. The door opens a few minutes later and we all turn to see who it is. It's Stefan. Ugh.

"Geez Stefan you could at least knock for once" Katherine scolds him and he shrugs. "I could have been naked or something." She says and he laughs. She smiles, obviously not angry at his lack of manners but I am sure she is used to him walking in here all the time.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before" he jokes and Liam's face falls while everyone laughs. I can't find the humor either, I hate thinking about Katherine and Stefan together.

"Oh shut up" she says, still laughing and grabs ahold of Liam's hand. His smile returns and he moves a little closer to her.

"What are you guys up to?" Stefan asks and sits on my bed. I want to tell him to get off but I keep quiet. I thought for a second he had come here to apologize but now I know he just came to hang out with his friends and I am not one of them.

"We are actually going to the movies, Elena you should come" Damon smiles. Before I can answer Stefan interrupts.

"Actually Elena and I have plans" he says, there is a strange edge behind his voice. He is so moody.

"What?" Damon and Katherine say in unison.

"Yea, we have plans. I was just coming to get her" Stefan smiles and stands up. "You ready or what?" My mind screams 'No!' But I nod.

"Well we will see you all later" Stefan announces and practically pushes me out of the door. He leads me to his car and surprising me, he opens the passenger door. I stand still with my arms crossed.

"I will remember not to ever open a door for you again" he snaps and I shake my head.

"What the hell was that? I know you didn't come here to get me, you just told me that you didn't want to hang out with me" I yell. We are back to yelling at each other. He makes me crazy, literally.

"Yes I did, now get in the car"

"No! If you don't admit that you didn't come here to see me, I will go back in there and go to the movies with Damon" I tell him and he clenches his jaw. I knew it. I don't know how to feel about this revelation but somehow I knew Stefan didn't want me to go to the movies with Damon and that is the only reason he is trying to hang out with me now. "Admit it Stefan or I am going"

"Okay, fine. I admit it. Now get in the damned car. I won't ask again" he says and gets in the car. Against my better judgment, I get into the car. Stefan still looks angry as he pulls out of the parking lot. He turns the screaming music up way too loud. I reach down and shut it off.

"Don't touch my radio" he snaps.

"If you're going to be a jerk the whole time I don't want to hang out with you" I say and mean it.

"I'm not, just don't touch my radio." My thoughts go back to him tossing my notes into the air and I want to yank his radio out and throw it out the window. If I knew I could, I would.

"Why do you care if I go to the movies with Damon? Katherine and Liam were going too"

"I just don't think Damon has the best intentions" he says quietly, his eyes glued to the road.

I begin to laugh and he frowns. "Oh, and you do? At least Damon is nice to me" I can't stop laughing. The idea of Stefan trying to protect me in some way is hilarious. Damon is a friend, nothing more. Just like Stefan.

Stefan rolls his eyes but doesn't give me an answer. He turns the music back on and the screaming music literally hurts my ears.

"Can you please turn it down" I beg.

He turns it down but still leaves it on. "That music is terrible" I tell him and he laughs.

"No it's not, I would love to know your opinion on good music" he smiles. He looks so carefree with his window down, the breeze blowing through his hair. He reaches one hand up and pushes his hair back. I love the way his hair looks. I shake the thoughts from my head.

"Well I like Bon Iver, and The Fray" I finally answer.

"Of course you do" he chuckles.

"What is wrong with them? They are insanely talented and their music is wonderful" I defend my two favorite bands.

"Yea.. they are talented. I hear their specialty is putting people to sleep" he laughs and I reach across and playfully swat his shoulder.

"Well, I love them" I say with a smile. If we could just stay in this playful state, I might actually have a good time. "Where are we going?"

"We are going to one of my favorite places"

"Which is where?"

"You really have to know everything that is going on don't you?"

"Yea.. I like to.."

"Control everything?" He interrupts and I stay quiet. I know he is right but that's just the way I am. "Well, I am not telling you until we get there.. which will be only about five minutes from now" he tells me and I sit back against the leather seat of his car. What kind of car is this anyway?

"What kind of car is this?" I ask him. I need a distraction from not knowing where we are going.

"It's a Ford Carpi, a classic" he boasts, obviously proud of his car. He goes on to tell me about it even though I have no idea what he is talking about. I like to watch his lips as he talks, the way they move slowly as the words are even slower. "I don't like to be stared at" he says harshly but smiles a little after.

"I.. I was just listening" I lie, my mouth dry.

"We are here" he says and pulls onto a gravel road.