"Christian, you're talking a lot but not actually offering anything yet." My father impatiently butted in. I sent Christian an apologetic look.

"My bad." He pulled out a paper, handing it to me. "This is the contract I've prepared for you. You can read through it, decide if you're up for it and tell me what you think."

My dad snatched it from me, reading it first. After he was done, I took it from him and scanned through the document.

3 years. 50 million euros.

Just to drive for Redbull Racing.

The majority of the terms seemed okay, but I couldn't get one thing out of my mind. And before I could let that thought travel through my mind, I had to get things straight. Put the negotiating genes I got from my father to use.

"This all sounds wonderful. But I can't help but feel hesitant." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why? It's a contract millions of drivers would kill for." Christian retorted.

"It is." I agreed with him, "But why should I trust that you'll keep your end of the bargain when you've already thrown out 3 drivers over the span of two years? If I'm going to drive for you, I'd want to feel secure and comfortable. Not worried I'll be dumped not even half way through the season."

"Well, you're not exactly like those other drivers, Elyse. You're a whopping three-time world-champion." He reasoned.

"And you think I'm not aware?" I didn't intend to come off as bratty, but if I was going to show authority— I have to act confident and full of myself. "If you really want me to drive for Redbull, you have to guarantee me that you won't break off my contract whenever you feel like it, doesn't matter if I underperform or whatever. I need security. I need Redbull to feel like home."

"Granted." He obliged, "What else?"

"Next thing, there's no way in hell am I going to settle for second, especially not to Max. So if you're planning on having favorites, tell me now because I'm definitely not going to sign." I stood my ground. "I won't tolerate it. Not from you. Not from the team. Not from anyone."

I couldn't help but feel pride as I saw my father offering me a proud smile.

"No breaking contracts. No favoritism. You've got my word." He sounded genuine. "So, is it deal or no deal?"

I smiled, grabbing a pen nearby and signing my name. "Deal."

I stood up, and so did Christian.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Garcia." He shook my hand. "Redbull will be lucky to have you."

"I'm honored."

A few more finalizations and we were done.

"Oh— and Christian, would you mind not announcing until after the race in Abu Dhabi? Just so that the season would be over and there wouldn't have to be so many interviews and all, you know?"

"Whatever you think is best." He nodded.

I thanked him and left the headquarters with the biggest smile on my face. Hell, even my father was beaming.

The first person I wanted to see was Max, and since I was in Milton Keynes, it wasn't a long drive. But I made sure to buy some of his favorite sweets on the way there. There was some traffic along the way, though it was expected since it had started to rain heavily.

It wasn't long until I reached his apartment building and I could spot his car parked not far away. Next to his car, I spotted someone standing next to it who looked awfully similar to him. Who also happened to be taking to a girl.