The day was beautiful and bright, the people were happy to see him and Maximus was feeling great. He trotted through the marketplace, neighing greetings to everyone he passed, then stopped as Monty held up a new lollipop design that looked like, well, him!

"Pretty good likeness, huh?" Monty said proudly. "Well, if it isn't everyone favorite example of equine excellence. Good morning, Maximus."

Ah, Monty, he always knew how to make a horse feel good.

"It's Max!" A kid said, running over to look at the lollipop, and Monty handed it to him. "Alright!" He cheered.

Maximus winked at the kid, then moved on with his patrol.

"Ohh, Maxie, lookin' spry and svelte today!" Hookfoot called, as BigNose and Vlad waved to him.

Stan and Pete saluted to him and he raised a hoof in his own salute, raising his head confidently.

He heard Rapunzel laughing as she walked over to him. "Max, if this were a popularity contest, you would come in first place."

"Or, at least a close second." Eugene added with a grin, walking up while Rapunzel started rubbing Maximus' muzzle affectionately. "But, I gotta say, Max, that mane is looking great. Did Andrew lend you some of his hair product?" He chuckled.

Well, he wouldn't deny it, that Saporian Prince knew some pretty good stuff about hair care and how to pamper a horse.

"Yeah, I thought so." Eugene grinned.

"Max wants to look his best." Rapunzel smiled at him. "He's got an important assignment coming up; pulling the armored cart to the depository."

"Wow! The depository!" Lance walked up to them. "Whwre they keep all the Kingdom's money!" He giggled.

"Not that you particularly care about that, right?" Varian asked, walking up to Lance.

"Yeah, we're not doing crime anymore!" Nonya reminded him, poking out from behind Varian with her sister.

"Babysitting, Varian?" Eugene asked teasingly.

"Teaching him how to be good kids, and treating them to snacks at Monty's." Varian nodded to them both holding candy.

Lance chuckled, then leaned in close to Eugene. "Hey, didn't we try to rob the depository once?" He whispered.

"You know, I don't have any specific recollections," Eugene said thoughtfully, "but, if it's a place with money, I'm gonna go with 'yes'."

"Stop! Thief!" A woman yelled, and all the ex-thieves, ruffians and thugs in the area raised their hands in surrender.

"Oh, for crying out loud." Varian sighed as he rolled his eyes, then looked over as a thief ran by. "Max, let's get him!" He summoned his spear and ran off, Maximus galloping alongside him.

"Good luck!" Rapunzel called after them as everyone else lowered their hands.

The thief dashed by the Captain and Maximus and Varian passed by just as quick. "Use the pink stuff!" He called after them.

Varian reached into his pocket as he ran and pulled out a goo bomb. A black blur passed by them and suddenly the thief was accosted by a black and white horse Varian had never seen, who swiped the thief off the ground and ran around with him until he gave up struggling. Then he let out a muffled whinnying, rearing back excitedly and swinging the thief around more.

"Wow, who are you?" Varian asked, impressed.

The black and white stallion neighed in greeting and winked at a little girl, who giggled and clapped.