Another Thorn in the Ass

Mitsuki's POV:

I turned on my heel and ran.

Sitri's laughter echoed creepily throughout the old church as I made it to the door, the wooden floors creaking under my weight.

I was surprised to find that it wasn't locked. He's giving me a head start.

'How generous of him.' I thought bitterly.

I opened the door and ran out and down the crooked steps. My first thought was to hide somewhere since I'm pretty sure he could outrun me easily with his long ass legs.

I made my way behind the church, towards the forest. He was probably expecting me to run the way I had come and not wander stupidly into the woods in the dark of the night.

It was dark out but the full moon was shining just enough so I could see the path in front of me.

I couldn't hear Sitri chasing me or anything but I wasn't about to take any chances

I ran a little ways into the forest and darted behind a tree that was thick enough to hide my silhouette.

I waited for a few minutes but nothing happened.

Putting a hand on my mouth to muffle my ragged breathing, I peeked around the corner to see if Sitri was nearby.

"Boo."

I let out a shrill shriek, stumbling backward and falling onto my ass.

Sitri giggled, leaning against the tree trunk and looking down at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Come on, you can do better than this." He rolled his eyes.

There's no way I can run or hide from him. Why should I bother trying!?

At this point I was feeling fear, frustration, anger, and anxiety all at the same time and all so intensely that I just broke down and started sobbing out of helplessness.

Like, what else am I supposed to do...

My face scrunched up as I started wailing like a toddler whose candy had been snatched away from him.

My shoulders shook with each sob, my hands going up to wipe the constant onslaught of tears streaming down my cheeks, which were pink with all the running I'd just done.

I sniveled and peered up at him between a sob.

Sitri looked down at me with a look I couldn't read.

He looked... confused?

He was probably expecting me to start screaming or something but I caught him off guard with my snobby toddler wails.

"What!?" I yelled after a hiccup.

"I can't even cry now!? What the fuck else am I supposed to do! You're chasing me like a dog chasing a fucking squirrel and pretending like I can get away but we both know I can't outrun you with my useless tiny human legs you stupid fucker!" I said, not sure if I was angry or sad or scared... probably all of the above...

Sitri stood staring at me for a few more seconds before he sighed, pursing his lips as he bent down with his arms resting on his knees.

I continued sobbing, albeit I was getting quieter.

"Fine, fine, stop crying like that it's fucking annoying." He mumbled.

I started wailing louder, realizing whatever I was doing was kind of working.

He shot out a hand to the back of my head and the other pressed against my mouth to silence me.

"Alright! I admit I got a little carried away, shut the fuck up now." He said through gritted teeth.