Before You Go

Before you go- Lewis Capaldi

She was a commoner; He was a prince. They knew it wouldn't work out, yet they hoped for a miracle. 

I fell by the wayside, like everyone else
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you
But I was just kidding myself

 They would meet every night under the banyan tree tucked away at to corner of the palace walls where they are hidden. They would gather there at midnight when everyone was asleep. they would share kisses and sometimes Marinette would sing while Damien lied on her lap. Her voice was something that he would never forget. 

Our every moment, I start to replace
'Cause now that they're gone
All I hear are the words that I needed to say

2 Years Later
"Please Damien, please don't do this. I love you-"

"Enough Marinette. We are done. Don't you get it."  A smirk made its way up to his face as he said "You were nothing but a time pass for me. I never loved you and will never love a commoner. You were fun to play with. You fell right into the trap I made" His face held a full-blown smile "Like a little mouse" He turned around and walked away.

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal, but this won't

His heart hurt with each step. Her tear-stained face was etched on to his memory. The only person who had loved him for him was now going to hate him. He had hurt the one person who he had promised to never hurt.

"Its the right thing to do, she deserves better"

Saying the words over and over again in his head he walked away as his own tears began to slip out.

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

"Heard you broke up with Mari" Jason stood in his room. "You didn't have to hurt her that bad you know. A plaything, you called her a plaything. She left the castle with tears in her eyes Damien tears." 

He was angry of course. Marinette had become like a sister to him. The only reason that he was alive and not dead yet. The one person who would bake him treats even at midnight, who would always know the answer to his problems. And now, now she was gone. Why gone? the answer was simple. Due to his brother.

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

" She left" His eyes widened "She left? What do you mean she left? She can't just go can she? Please tell me she didn't."

Jason noticed the panic in his brother's eyes. The pain and the tears. His brother never panicked, and he never cries. The anger in him vanished as he took in his brothers state.

"Dad made you do it, didn't he?" Jason asked. Silent tears slipped down his face and Damien didn't say a word. Finding the answer in his brothers silences, he turned and walked away. He was going to have a talk with his dad. 

Was never the right time, whenever you called
Went little, by little, by little until there was nothing at all
Our every moment, I start to replay
But all I can think about is seeing that look on your face

" I hope your happy Bruce." Jason barged into the throne room. "You have done a great job in making sure all your sons hate you. I hope your happy. Making us miserable." Anger was written all over his face. "Damien is crying Bruce crying." Seeing no response from Bruce, Jason turned to leave "I hope your more than happy Bruce and I hope it was worth breaking Damien to maintain your Royal Image."

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal, but this won't

3 years later

Today to celebrate the National Day of Gotham there was going to be a concert by Nettie. The current popular singer. 3 years ago, she had climbed up the ladder of fame with her first song Before You Go, which she will be performing today. The ROYAL Family would also be present at the concert. 

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

As soon as Damien heard her voice, he knew it was her. Marinette. He had to get to her, but not now, her song was just starting. If he goes up to her now it would be taking away her spotlight. He owed it to her. 

As the end approached, Damien got up ready to reach her. 

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless

Damien didn't care about all the cameras the was pointing at him. He didn care the his father was calling him. Nodding to Jason he started to walk away from his royal seat towards the stage. He found her. He finally found his angle and he wont give up on her this time. determination etched on his face he raced his way to wards the stage. People moved out of his way making it easier for him to reach the stage. 

So, before you goWould we be better off by now
If I'd let my walls come down?
Maybe, I guess we'll never know
You know, you know

Marinette had stopped singing and was watching him now. Her big doe eyes filled with surprise, she watched as Damien climbed up the stage making his way to her. 

Before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make your heartbeat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

As soon as Damien reached her. He pulled her in to a kiss. He didn't care that his whole kingdom was watching them, didn't care about his father's anger. In that moment, all he cared about was her. Her just her. He had given up on her once he wouldn't do that again. 

Pulling away from the kiss he whispered "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" his eyes tear stained "I won't let you go, not again never again. I- "

"Shh" Marinette said "Its okay" wiping his tears she whispered "its not your fault that your a prince. I promise never to let go of you without a fight." 

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said
To make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried a new path on this one. I always like this song. Hope you like it. Let me know if I should write this type more<3

Also 9.2K readers.
Thank you for reading my silly little book. :) 

~A