last practice

The last few days we had a lot of practice. Today was the last day before the J.V-Varsity showdown. We really improved. And I was really happy that Adam was back at our team.

Coach Orion made us work very hard during practices. He wants us to win.

"All right, I've been doing my homework on the Varsity. I'm not gonna lie to you, they're good. The way they wiped your faces in the dirt last time was no fluke. So if you want your pride back, you better be willing to work. There's nothing glamorous about it. In the pros, we call it blue-collar hockey. Now there's one thing the Varsity does very well. They're vultures around the net. They pick up every piece of loose trash. That's how they beat you. Not the with first shot; the second and the third. They bang in the junk. So if you wanna win, you're gonna have to pick up the trash.." Orion said, while dumping a trashcan empty on the ice.

We all started cleaning the trash while Orion was spreading it.

We did the same thing outside on our rollerblades. It was a lot of fun practicing this way.

When we were back on the ice practicing, coach blew on his whistle. "Let's go, get over here!" he yelled. He sounded mad. "Grab a knee! You guys are not skating like Warriors. You look like something else."

We all looked at each other confused. Orion opened a box. "You look like ducks." He started throwing our duck jerseys to us. Al of us started cheering and shouting.

We celebrated my our famous quacks. "Quack, quack, quack."

After practice Adam and I went to my house. "You want something to eat or drink?" I asked.

"Yes, a glass of water please." he answered. I got what he asked and fell next to him on the couch. He wrapped his arm around me.

"I could lay with you here forever." I said softly. I heard him laugh. He looked at me and kissed me.

Then the doorbell rang. I sighed and stood up. When I opened the door, I saw Scooter.

"Hi. Can we talk?" he asked. I looked at Adam who nodded.

"Yeah of course come in." He walked in. We sat down at the table.

"So, what's up?" I asked him. I already know what he wanted to talk about.

He sighed. "I wanted to say sorry about what happened after the board meeting." Scooter looked at Adam. "Sorry to you too."

Adam looked at him and gave him a small smile. "I'll wait for you upstairs, okay?" Adam asked me. "Yeah, be right there." He walked upstairs.

"I don't know what is wrong with me but ever since you guys have been on Eden Hall, I look different at the Varsity team. They're always mean but not like this. And I really wanted to be part of your friend group but I know you guys look at me like i'm one of those mean guys too." Scooter explained.

I kinda felt bad for him. "Scooter, it's all alright. And i'm sure that all of the ducks will like you. You should totally hang out with us sometime."

A smiled formed his face. "Thanks Ki. Now that i'm here, I gotta tell you something. I think I like Julie."

My eyes openend wide and a smile formed on my face. "You should go for it!!"

After a while Scooter went away.

I ran upstairs to Adam, who was in the shower. I sat down but after two minutes I got bored, so I undressed and joined him in the shower.

He laughed. "Hi."

"Hi." I blushed. I closed the curtains of the shower.

"So..." Adam said, kinda awkward. I didn't know what to say either, so I kissed him.

We got out of the shower, nothing happened except for a hot make out session.

"You want to sleep here tonight or are you going home?" Adam asked while putting on his hoodie.

"Do you want me to stay? I mean, you haven't slept alone for a week."

He kissed me. "Of course I want you to stay. Come on, we're going downstairs."

We went downstairs to Adam his parents who were watching Teen Wolf.

"Are you guys seriously watching my parents on TV?" I laughed.

"It's such a good show." Mrs. Banks said.

Adam and I sat down on the couch with them. "Is it okay if I'll spent the night here, again?" I asked.

"Of course, honey." Ms. Banks hugged me.

"You can stay as long as you want." Mrs. Banks added. "You guys ready for tomorrow's game?"

"Yeah, but super nervous." Adam looked at me.

"We'll be okay. You're back on outta team." We watched the movie before getting a good night sleep.