Iris

I thought today was going to be another normal day, but I was wrong. Very wrong.
It started off as usual, mom was just being mom. She thinks having these "awkward mother-daughter talks" would like, what, make me forget the fact that Jolie is freaking missing?? I know she means well, and I shouldn't ve slammed the door on her...but she just doesn't get me, and that will never change. I miss Jolie. Anyway...dad was his usual self as well, he avoided even making eye contact with me throughout breakfast. Ugh! I just wish everything would go back to normal... ever since that happened it's like my whole life just turned to a twisted version of a drama series. Jolie really leaves a lasting impression, doesn't she? My best friend never fails to surprise me:)
So I made my way to school and painfully sat through Mr.Collins history class,(literally everything he says is wrong) and he called me out for not paying attention. He shouldn't have done that. I could see the look of surprise mixed with annoyance on his wrinkled face when I stood up and gave a ten minute speech about the story of Greek mythology. I'm smart, okay? But... it was not enough. Everyone always says I'm smart, that I am intellectual and what not. But what's the point? I never could figure out what was going on with Jolie...and honestly, I blame myself for what's happened to her. After that, Mr.Collins mentioned Jolie, like, he seriously said "I know you're going through a lot, but Jolie was a smart kid, I'm sure she's safe." I wanted to peel out his eyeballs the moment those words left his mouth. What does he know about Jolie? She was the bravest most kind person I've ever met in my entire life, and he says it as if I can just brush off 5 years of friendship by hoping she's safe?
Jolie is unforgettable.
She always will be.
I stormed out of the classroom. I walked through the silent corridors to our hideout-the laboratory. It had been a long time since I stepped in there, and by the looks of it, it had been a SUPER long time since anyone's been in there. I just wanted to clear my head, to have a place all to myself where I can truly be who I am. But alas, nothing ever goes as planned,now,does it? And this time my problem was none other than-Alex. Yeah, my ex-best friend and the only person I didn't want to see in that moment was standing right before me,but I couldn't help stare into his cobalt blue eyes. DAMNIT! It's silly to admit, but my heart flutters whenever he's around and my palms start to sweat, which are obvious signs of a crush. But today, when I saw him in his black hoodie with the hood down, and the playful smirk dancing on his lips, all I wanted to do was punch him right in his pretty face. Alex returned to Bay View Middle school only weeks ago. And I ignored him every day since. Because, why would I want to be friends with someone who leaves their friend behind when something terrible happens?! He left me all alone the day the news of Jolie's missing case became public. He left me crying each night to myself on the cold floor of my bathroom. He left me all alone, and I intended to do the same.
"Hey" he whispered, and his thick accent mixed with his familiar voice sounded like heaven to my ears, but NO! We're NOT falling for this. "Where's your girlfriend? Is she busy shopping?" I knew I shouldn't have said that, besides, they're not actually dating. But watching his face squirm of embarrassment made me feel good. When he didn't reply,I simply turned around and made my way to the door. But I felt a hand wrap around my wrist as Alex pulled me back to face him. He pushed me back against the stone wall as we stood there in silence. I could feel his warm breath and I was sure my cheeks were redder than a tomato, but all the while I knew this was not the time for stuff like that. I was not going to forgive him, let alone be intimated like this. But my rock solid heart seemed to melt again as he said "I'm sorry. I really am. Please, Iris, I miss you. We were best friends," The look on his face almost made me believe what he said was true, but when that annoyingly cute grin curled his lips again, I snapped. "Get lost Alex." I shoved him aside and walked out.
But this was just the beginning, things were about to get much,much,worse...