18. Down falls the governor.

Start from the beginning

Carl was feeling mad, really mad. No one has seen him that mad before. He wanted to fight too with everyone else but Rick didn't want him to, of course. He sat in the front with Hershel since Beth was holding Judith. They didn't have a car seat for her yet. Ella sat between the two girls, Beth and Evelynn. Judith too, if she counts. Carl kept his face straight the whole time, and so did everyone else. Ella had some hope in her. They had higher leverage with all of their guns, armor, and ammo. They all stayed behind the trees, watching from afar.

The small group in the woods watch the vehicles full of people march on over to the prison. As soon as they got there they just started shooting. The only thing the people from Woodbury shot were walkers. They moved in, noticing they weren't outside. It took a while for the alarm to go off. There were gunshots and maybe even screaming. Ella worriedly looked throughout the prison. The people from Woodbury started running out, gunshots being fired and screaming too. "I should be there." Carl stared at the prison.

"You don't. Stop always trying to get yourself killed. You're a kid, Carl. At least we're aware of that," Evelynn was sitting on the ground by the car. She didn't care what happens over there, as long as the governor and just the governor was dead.

"I'm not, I'm just saying! They need our- my help," he turned his head to look at her. "Being just a kid gets you nowhere." Ella was standing next to Beth, listening in to them but also watching the prison.

"They don't. They have guns, padding, and somewhere to take cover. Will you just hear your dad out for godsakes. They're fine and so are we." Evelynn had a point. Carl was completely pissed at his dad. "Just stop. Stop, okay?" she said trying to stay calm. His face sort of softened. He was still pissed at his dad but he didn't say another word. Evelynn's father was murdered when she was in 4th grade. He was shot in a drive-by while waiting outside for her the morning before school. She always made sure Carl had his father, she was there for him when Rick was shot and when they thought he was dead. Evelynn was a bit upset about how Carl treated people sometimes, especially his parents but that was on him.

"They're leaving," Ella said, shooting up a half smile. "Don't get too excited" Carl added. Footsteps began to approach, Hershel and Carl hurried and pointed their gun out. It was a young boy, a teenager. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa." the stranger put one of his hands up, a rifle in the other. "Don't shoot." his eyes widened, scared.

"Drop the weapon, son," Hershel ordered.

"Sure." he nodded his head, slowly handing it to Carl.  "Here, take it." suddenly, a gunshot went off. Carl shot the boy, for no reason. His body fell to the ground. "Carl, what the hell?!" Evelynn looked at him in surprise. Carl didn't mean to it was just an instinct. He ignored Evelynn, he was just as surprised as everyone else was. Ella stayed silent, she just stared at the dead body. Hershel got in the car, Beth and Ella following. "Let's go," Evelynn said, opening the car door and getting in. Carl followed her, now he seemed unfazed. He did what he had to do, I guess. It wasn't a long car ride back to the prison, they got back pretty fast. Now, they didn't have to worry too much about a huge war, hopefully.

Ella was happy to see everyone alive, Maggie the most. "Maggie!" Ella smiled, looking up at her. "Hey, sunshine. I'm glad you're alright." Maggie gave back a smile, nuzzling her hair. Rick and Michonne still wanted to go back to Woodbury, kill the governor, and finish this off for good. Hershel was talking to Rick about Carl and how he shot someone.

"Are you leaving again?" Ella questioned, overhearing another conversation.

"Nope, gotta stay here. Make sure the prison- our home is okay." Maggie responded, and Ella smiled in reply.