(Norvos Bells

                                                             (Norvos Bells.)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

                                                           Deirys Targaryen (29 years old.)

                                                      Jaehaera Targaryen (26 years old

                                                      Jaehaera Targaryen (26 years old.)

Deirys knocked on the door, waiting for her cousin to answer. Jaehaera had been staying in her chambers for the past two days, she did not want to talk to anyone. Rhaegon had been drowning himself in wine. Deirys could not take it any longer, she needed to figure out a way to make her cousin and her brother talk to each other. Her parents were at the end of their rope, they did not know what to do. When there were no words or movement from behind the doors Deirys opened them and walked in. She looked around, frowning when she did not see anyone. There was food placed on the table that had not been touched. Deirys moved towards the bed, letting out a sigh when she saw Jaehaera laying on the bed, but she was not sleeping. Deirys sat down on the bed, running a hand over her cousin's head, Jaehaera looked at her but did not say anything.
"You need to eat something." Deirys gave Jaehaera an encouraging smile. "Your parents, my parents, and even the maids are growing concerned. You have barely eaten in the past two days, and that is not good for the babe."
"I am not very hungry." But even as she was saying it, Jaehaera stood up, walking towards the table. "I have not been feeling well."
"I know, but you need to eat something." Deirys waited until Jaehaera sat before sitting across from her. "My mother had them prepare all your favorites. She wanted to entice you to eat."
"She came to see me." Jaehaera shrugged. "I was not very nice to her."
"That is alright." Deirys prepared a plate for her cousin, making sure to put in some fresh fruits and placed it in front of her. "She understands how you are feeling. She did not take any offense to it. Do you want to tell me what is happening between you and Rhaegon?"
"He does not want the babe." Jaehaera did not look up and was rolling one of the berries across the plate. "He does not want us."
"That is not true." Deirys put a hand on top of Jaehaera's, stopping her from playing with her food. She took a piece of the bread, holding it up to her cousin's mouth. She waited until Jaehaera bit into it before speaking once more. "Rhaegon is terrified of losing you. Of course, he wants the babe, he is just frightened that this babe might mean your life. He does not want to lose, and for him, a babe is not worth the risk you are putting yourself in."
"This babe is worth everything."
"I know, I would do the same thing as you if I was the one in your position, but Rhaegon does not understand yet. What happened Jaehaera?" Deirys noticed the way her cousin tensed. "I know the healers were providing you with a tincture to stop you from getting with child. I talked to the healers and they told me they were still providing you with the medicine. How did you get with child if you were still taking the medication?"
"Because I was not." Deirys's eyes widened. "You have to understand, all I have wanted since I wed Rhaegon was to have his child. I wanted to have a family, so I stopped taking the medicine about three moons ago."
"And Rhaegon found out."
"Yes, when I told him I was with child he suspected something, so he went looking for the medicine. He found the bottles in one of my jewelry boxes."
"That is why he is so upset."
"Yes, now he hates me." A tear ran down Jaehaera's face and Deirys felt for her cousin, but she also felt for her brother. He must be feeling betrayed and scared, not knowing what to do. "He refuses to even speak about it, and he has not been sleeping in our chambers, I have no idea where he is at."
"He is in the tower of the hand." Jaehaera looked up at her and Deirys gave her a comforting smile. "Do not worry that he is with another woman, I know that is where your mind was going. He has been drinking himself to sleep for the past two days. I did not know why, but now I believe I understand."
"And you hate me also?"
"Of course not." Deirys took Jaehaera's hands in hers. "I could never hate you. Rhaegon does not hate you, he loves you and that is why he is so afraid. You know most men would care more about having an heir than their wives, they would not think for a second to sacrifice them if it means they can have a child. My brother loves you, he loves you more than his wish for a child."
"I love him also, which is why I want to give him this." Jaehaera leaned back on the chair. "I want to apologize for tricking him and explain my feelings."
"Just give him some time. I will also speak with him." Deirys pushed the plate towards Jaehaera. "But first I want you to eat and then let one of the healers examine you. We have to make sure all is well with you and the babe."
Jaehaera gave her a weak smile, nodding and taking another bite of her food. Deirys would speak to her brother and make him sober up. They both needed to talk and clear some things. Jaehaera should not be alone during her pregnancy, she should not be under so much stress. 

Trials of FireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara