Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old

                                                             Alyssa Targaryen (16 years old.)

                                                     Jaehaera Targaryen (26 years old

                                                     Jaehaera Targaryen (26 years old.)

"You look beautiful Jaehaera." Alyssa had not seen her cousin so happy in a while. "How are you feeling?"
"I am very well." Jaehaera took a sip of her tea. "I am happy to be here, I did not think Jaehaerys would ever wed."
"I knew my sister would get her way." Alyssa laughed. "She is not one to give up when she sees something she wants."
"I am aware. They left for Dragonstone early this morning." Jaehaera looked around a nostalgic smile on her face. "I have always loved the godswood, I spent so much time here."
"Yes, I remember how you and Visenya could always be found here, reading and making flower crowns." Alyssa smiled, before looking at Jaehaera, truly looking at her. She was aware of the issues her cousin and brother had been having, and she also knew how much Jaehaera had been wishing for a child. "How are you? Truly."
"I am well, I have been feeling better for the past few days." Jaehaera shook her head. "Being in Dragonstone helped me a lot, it was good being away from court. The people here do not do anything else but talk about other people. I also have to be thankful for Rhaegon, he has been sweet and patient."
"I am glad he has been treating you well. I know how hard it has been for you."
"Yes, to be honest, I never thought this would happen to me." Jaehaera rested her chin on top of her hand. "I always thought that once I had Rhaegon I would be completely happy."
"I believed you were happy." Alyssa tilted her head. "I remember how happy you were when you and Rhaegon were wed, and for a few years you seemed truly happy."
"I was, I had never been happier." Jaehaera shook her head, the smile leaving her face. "To be honest, I did not even realize something was missing until the first time I found out I was with child. Then I knew having a child with Rhaegon would make me the happiest woman on earth. All men want to have a child, even when your brother tells me he does not."
"He has told you he does not want children?"
"No, he just said he did not need them." Jaehaera smiled at Alyssa's confused look. "The healers told him that getting me with child after so many miscarriages would put my life in danger. After that, your brother refused to even speak about having a child with me."
"Jaehaera." Alyssa felt bad for her cousin. She had known about her cousin's miscarriages, but she had not realized it had been so serious that her cousin's life could be in danger. "Rhaegon is just trying to protect you, he wants to spend his life with you, even more than he wants to have children."
"Yes, I understand that, but I do really want a child."
"Yes, but your life should be more important." Alyssa took Jaehaera's hands in hers. "Think about what would happen if you were to die, what would happen to your child? Even with my brother taking care of him, he would still need a mother."
"I know that, but he would still have someone to carry on his name."
"Jaehaera, we are not so desperate for children to carry the Targaryen name. At the speed at which Deirys and Aemond are having children, we might be running out of room soon. Visenya also has several children, while they carry the Strong name, they have Targaryen blood. Aemma and your brother will also have children one day. All you have to worry about is being happy and living your love with Rhaegon."
"Yes, you might be right." Alyssa could see she was not convinced. "I have also not been a good friend to Visenya."
"What do you mean?" She had not heard of any issues between Jaehaera and Visenya. Both women had always been the best of friends. "I did not know you were having problems with Visenya."
"After I lost my last child I was in a horrible mood. I was sad all the time and did not want to see anyone, but even less Visenya." A tear ran down Jaehaera's face. "At the time she was heavy with child and all I could think about every time I saw her was how I had lost over five children and she had not lost any. She had two healthy children and was carrying another. I was petty and jealous, I refused to see her and did not even say goodbye when I left for Dragonstone. Now, I do not know how to speak with her."
"I believe you will not need much." Alyssa squeezed Jaehaera's hand. "Visenya is not a vengeful person, she will understand how you were feeling. I can assure you she has never been angry with you."
Alyssa had missed so much, she had been a child when she left, but she should have been paying more attention to her family and the problems they were having. She only spent a few more moments with her cousin before leaving her alone. Jaehaera needed to think and make some decisions, nothing she could help her with. Alyssa headed to her chambers, she had been helping Deirys with some of the work in the orphanages today. Her new lady-in-waiting had been a big help today, Alyssa had to admit Jesmyn was very capable and sweet. At first, she had been unsure of how to treat the girl, her father was a known traitor and the Lannisters were not very trustworthy. Alyssa had heard stories about Jason Lannister and none of them had been good. She had met Tyland and he was nice enough, but he was also very arrogant. Jesmyn was aware of her social status and of the power she would one day wield, but she was not arrogant or petty. She could tell the girl was used to working hard. Rhaenyra had talked to her about Jesmyn's mother and how the woman had been miserable with Jason. He had been a tyrant with the poor woman and treated her horribly.
Jesmyn's mother had not come out of her shell until Jason had been arrested and executed. After that, the woman had taken control of the Westerlands, Tyland, and her mother's lady-in-waiting Ellyn had helped. Jesmyn had been raised mostly by her mother and Ellyn, Alyssa could see she had learned from both women. She liked the girl, but she would wait a bit longer to make sure she could trust her. For now, she was happy to have someone to talk to, she had been a bit lonely since all the women in her family were busy with their duties and their husbands. She made her way to her chambers, smiling as the kingsguard bowed and opened the doors. Alyssa stepped into her chambers and stopped in her tracks, her eyes widened at the image awaiting her. Her chambers were filled with flowers of every color, she could not even walk without stepping on them. There were even flowers on the ceiling, she had never seen anything like it. There were flowers wrapped around the columns, all over the tables, chairs, and every single surface in the room. Alyssa took a step closer, noticing that the flowers were her favorite. The way the flowers had been set up reminded her of something, but she was not clear on what. It was like she had seen or heard about it, but did not remember exactly where. She looked around the room once more and noticed a piece of parchment on one of the higher tables. She frowned and picked up the note, opening it to read it.

Alyssa,

I remembered that in your favorite story, the hero filled his lover's chambers with winter roses. You were always going on about how romantic and special that gesture was. You were always saying how you would love something like that. I chose all your favorite flowers instead of winter roses. This is the beginning of my apology. I am sorry for the things I said, I did not mean them. I know you will not believe me now, but I will find a way to gain your trust. I will start by saying I was and I am an idiot. These flowers are all beautiful, but they do not compare to the beauty of your soul. You are and have always been the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, not only because of the way you look physically but because of your feelings. I do not expect you to forgive me yet, but I hope you will enjoy this gift.

B.T.

Alyssa could not help the smile that came to her face when reading the note. Now she remembered why the flower arrangement looked familiar. She remembered Baelon reading her the story. She could not believe he had done all of this. Where did he get all the flowers and how did he get them all here? Even if this did not erase what her brother had said to her, it was a nice gesture on his part. 

                                                          (Baelon's surprise to Alyssa

                                                          (Baelon's surprise to Alyssa.)