"I am surprised." Alyssa let out a laugh. "I know I should not be, we are talking about you. You were always the most courageous out of all of us. I mean, you are the girl that tamed the cannibal at only five name days old."

"Mama and papa are not aware of this. I do not want to know how papa will react if he finds out."

"I can tell you it will not be good." Alyssa was a little envious of her sister. Aemma had always been audacious, not afraid of anything. She always went after what she wanted and did not allow anyone or anything to stop her. Alyssa wished she could be more like her sister. "I am happy you have found someone that loves you the way Jaehaerys does."

"What about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you have not forgotten Baelon." Aemma shook her head when Alyssa opened her mouth. "I do not mean because he is our brother. You have always loved him, even before you knew what love was."

"Sometimes love dies." Aemma was the only sibling who had not mentioned Baelon, Alyssa believed it was because she was busy with all the preparations for her wedding, apparently, her sister had decided to just wait until Alyssa could not run away. "I believe things will be better once either Baelon or I wed someone else and live far away from each other."

"You want to wed someone else?" Aemma was now the shocked one. "Alyssa, do not do something that will make you miserable for the rest of your life."

"Being with Baelon will make me miserable."

"I do not mean you have to be with Baelon, but do not rush into something just to get away from him." They both reached the gardens and Aemma signaled the Kingsguard so they would stay back. Once they were far away from everyone else Aemma turned back to her. "Alyssa, you have always believed in true love and soul mates, You have always wanted a great love."

"Sometimes love only hurts us in the worst of ways." Alyssa had always been stupid, believing that love could conquer anything. She had been proved wrong. "I believed a lie because I always saw how in love our parents were, how they had to defeat so many obstacles to be together and for mama to reach the throne. Then, I saw Aemond and Deirys, and how in love they were. I have always heard the story of how Deirys and Aemond are soulmates, blessed by the gods. I believed that the gods might have a similar plan for me, that they would send me someone who would love me unconditionally and I believed that Baelon was that man, that he would be with me for the rest of our lives. But it was all a lie, just something I created in my head. I was so stupid to believe that he might love me the same way I loved him."

"I hate that he hurt you this way." Aemma squeezed her hands, her look was sad and angry at the same time. "I hate that he hurt you this way, that you do not longer believe in love the same way you did before."

"Do not feel bad for me." The last thing she wanted was to sadden her sister the day before the wedding. "I will find someone that I can wed and be content with."

"Do not settle for that." Aemma sat down at one of the benches, pulling Alyssa down with her. "You deserve a love that transcends time, that makes you burn. We are Targaryens, being content will not be enough for you."

"I am not saying I will wed tomorrow or even next year." Alyssa gave her sister a reassuring smile. "I was just thinking aloud. Let us talk about something else. I want to know what you plan to do after your wedding. Are you both planning to go somewhere?"

"Yes. Deirys said we could use Dragonstone for a few moons after the wedding." Aemma tilted the head towards the sun, smiling. "I think is a good idea to be alone for a few moons after we are wed. That way we can get used to each other."