Chapter 2

Baelon is back with Rhaenyra when Alyssa returns. He is taken aback by his little sister. We see a flashback of what happened between Baelon and Alyssa. You guys might not like Baelon after this. 😣 I hope you guys like it 🥰

                                                                    Baelon Targaryen (27 years old

                                                                    Baelon Targaryen (27 years old.)

"I am so happy you have returned." Baelon could not help but smile, his mother's smile was contagious. "I did not know if you would be coming."

"Of course, I would come to my sister's wedding, mama." He kissed his mother's hand. "I am sorry for having stayed away so long, but I will be here for a long while. I will not miss any of the festivities, I was actually thinking of taking part in the tourney."

"That would be amazing, we would all love to see you participating in the tourney. I know your father will be thrilled."

"So, he is no longer upset with me?"

"Baelon, he was not really upset with you." His mother patted one of his hands. "He was just upset because Alyssa had left and because her feelings were hurt. He has missed you also, very much."

"Is that why he will not speak with me?"

"He does want to speak with you, and he wants to apologize, but you know your father, he has a hard time apologizing." Her smile was gentle this time. "You know he was happy to see you, I mean the hug he gave you when he saw you said how desperately he missed you. He did not want to let you go."

"Yes, but he did not say a word." Baelon had always been able to speak to his father, Rhaegon was usually the one that butted heads with him. It was hard not to be able to speak with him the same way as before. "He has not said more than two words to me since I arrived two days ago."

"He will speak to you, he is just trying to figure out what he wants to say." Rhaenyra looked at him critically. "But that is not what you want to ask, is it?"

"How is she?"

"Alyssa is doing very well." Baelon liked that he did not have to tell his mother who he was asking about. "She has enjoyed her time at the Vale, Jeyne sends me regular reports. She has also returned to Kings Landing twice since she left, Daemon has gone to see her a few times."

"I am glad she is doing well."

"Have you spoken to her since you left?" He opened his mouth, but his mother gave him a look, making him close his mouth once more. "Before you say something sarcastic, I am aware you have been across the narrow sea for over the past two years, what I am asking is if you have at least written to her."

"No, I do not believe she will want to hear from me."

"You are aware that she is also coming for the wedding?"

"Yes, mama." Baelon gave his mother a reassuring smile. "I am aware that Alyssa will not miss Aemma's wedding. I do expect her to stay away just because I am back."