Woohyuk nodded, "Jungkook talked about you, Park Jimin. Your company is looking good in the business report last year. I'm impressed with the growth you've made."

His words made Jimin smiling shyly.

"Thank you, Mr Jeon. I'm still far from what I want to achieve actually."

"You'll get there, young man.", Woohyuk patted Jimin's shoulder encouragingly.

"I will. Um...anyway, I think you've met my sister. Park Chaeyoung.", Jimin remembered who was beside him.

His words got Jungkook's parents to look at him and Chaeyoung slightly shocked.

"No wonder...", Jihyun said softly yet Chaeyoung caught it clearly.

"Chaeyoung is your sister?", Woohyuk pointed at them.

Jimin nodded, "She is."

"Oh, what a small world.", Woohyuk replied.

"Oh, by the way, forgive me. I heard the conversation earlier. Mrs Jeon, you were asking where's Jungkook, is it?", Jimin diverted their attention back to the actual reason for them to come to the hospital.

Jihyun pointed to the door behind them, "Is this his room?"

Jimin answered, "He's inside. I'm not sure if he's sleeping or doing something else. Both of us couldn't see him, he'll act up so we thought he might be okay if his parents are the ones to see him."

The elders' expression slightly became sad as they already knew how Jungkook's condition is.

"We don't know how else to tell him that he's okay, that he still got us here with him...", Chaeyoung tried to say before her tears fell again for the countless time that day.

Woohyuk nodded and formed a smile to the siblings.

"We will talk to him.", he said as he took Jihyun's hand.

Jihyun nodded back, "Don't worry, Chaeyoung, Jimin."

Chaeyoung smiled a little while Jimin thanked them for coming. After they got inside the room, Jimin and Chaeyoung went back to sit on the chairs. Jimin pulled Chaeyoung close to him and squeezed her shoulder gently to tell her that everything will be better soon.

Chaeyoung believed it so but her mind was somewhere else. She was wondering if Jungkook's parents knew about her and him including Kiara's existence. Most importantly, Kiara's existence.

💝

Jungkook looked lifeless.

After his parents appeared to the room, he cried quietly in his mother's arms like a little child. He did not say anything but there was nothing required for his parents to understand what he needed the most at that moment. His father who is not that fond of skinship even completed the family hug which broke him harder in their opened arms.

"I'm being punished, mom..dad...this is..my punishment...", he said in between tears.

"No, honey. Don't say such thing, Jungkook.", Jihyun replied to him.

"It is. I left Chaeyoung alone, I shouldn't...I should have been responsible, mom..."

"Jungkook, whatever you've done in the past...believe me it's not related to what happened today, son.", Woohyuk tried to tell him too.

Jungkook looked up to his father and shook his head, "Dad..I...I made her pregnant and I let her deal with it alone. That's what I've done, dad. I've sinned...and this is my punishment."

Jungkook never said anything about Chaeyoung to Woohyuk before. He only told Jihyun as he knew that she was fond of her. He was scared of telling the truth to his father but then he felt his father pulling him closer and patted his back to comfort him.

"What happened in the past, let it be in the past, my son. What happened now, it has nothing to do with your past. Chaeyoung would say the same if she heard you blaming yourself like this. And I'm sure..she's forgiven you if ever you've done her wrong.", Woohyuk told him.

He shook his head disagreeing with his father's statement.

"Even if she forgives me..she just had to.", he said as he looked at his parents' slightly confused expressions. "We have a child together. If she forgives me, it's for the sake of our child only.", he revealed to them.

They looked at each other in shock. Jungkook was no longer hoping that everything will be better now. He had disappointed everyone around him especially his parents.

"Jungkook, son...are you saying we're grandparents now?", it was his father who asked first.

"Is it true, honey? We have a grandchild?", Jihyun asked too.

Jungkook looked at his parents' faces. They were smiling at him.

"Jungkook, it's true, right?", Jihyun repeated her question.

Jungkook slowly nodded.

"You can ask Chaeyoung if you want to see her. I haven't seen her since the accident.", he told them as he looked at the floor blankly.

"What's her name, son?", Jihyun asked.

"Kiara.", Jungkook answered before pausing. "She's six years old now. I just knew about her a few months ago. That's why I didn't come home yet. I was trying to fix my relationship with Chaeyoung here and also trying to get close to our daughter but I messed up yesterday.", he added bitterly.

Jihyun shook her head as she touched Jungkook's hand, "I didn't know the whole story of what happened yesterday but honey..you didn't messed up. Chaeyoung is still waiting outside for you."

Jungkook smiled resentfully, "I chased her out. She's still here?"

"Don't be so mean to yourself, son. Don't punish yourself like this.", Woohyuk said to him.

"Dad, I deserve it. She shouldn't wait for me anymore.", he replied before he went to lie down on his side while pulling the blanket over him.

"Jungkook, don't do this to yourself, please.", his mother tried to tell him. "We brought some fruits for you. Have you eaten, hm?", she asked in a worried tone.

If he did not want to talk anymore with them, she wanted to make sure he takes care of himself at least.

"Let's eat some, okay?", she asked him as she showed him the basket of various fruits they brought for him.

"I'm not hungry, mom.", he said as he looked at the basket at a glance.

Jihyun refused to believe him. She pulled the blanket away and held his arm to make him sit.

"Just a little, please..do it for me, your mom, hm?", she tried to persuade him.

He looked at her and he gave up to the soft, motherly gaze she gave to him.

"Just a little.", he said as he got up and sat on his bed with Jihyun taking the knife from Woohyuk to cut the fruits to slices.

💝

Who wants happy moments again? Put your hands up. 🤞🏻