closer

Chaeyoung looked happy and Jungkook hated to see it. Even just a kiss on her cheek made him felt burning inside to watch it. He and Kiara were in the car waiting for her to come back for almost an hour until they witnessed the two arrived to the bakery.

When he told Kiara to go inside after Chaeyoung was no longer in their sight, he focused his eyes on the one particular blue SUV that was driving away from there. He watched Kiara went into the bakery before he drove his car following Jaehyun's car. He did not want to wait any longer for the truth he was seeking for. He knew Jaehyun was supposed to know everything since he was there with him and Chaeyoung when something happened to the two of them.

If he had to fight again with Jaehyun, he did not care anymore. Seeing Jaehyun with Chaeyoung made him even more suspicious and angry with Jaehyun. He needed to get the truth no matter what happens tomorrow.

When he saw Jaehyun's car was almost driving to the main road that will take him out of the town, he decided to stop Jaehyun from getting away by blocking his car and forced him to stop at the roadside. Jaehyun honked at him but he did not budge as he managed to drive Jaehyun to stop his car. Then, he quickly got out of his car while Jaehyun was reversing his car to continue driving.

He glared at Jaehyun in the car before he saw the car stopped again. He knew Jaehyun had seen him so he walked to Jaehyun's car and knocked on the window. Jaehyun rolled it down and looked at him with a scoff.

"What a pleasant surprise.", he said with a conceited smirk on his face.

"Hi, Jaehyun. Long time no see.", Jungkook gave the same disdainful reply as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Jaehyun chuckled at it as he rolled his window lower.

"Can you get out? We need to talk.", Jungkook was sure not wanting to waste his time with Jaehyun.

A nod was given before Jaehyun stepped out of his car.

"Yeah, Jungkook. What is it, hm?", he copied Jungkook's crossed arms, purposely trying to annoy Jungkook.

"I want to know what happened that night.", Jungkook said straightforwardly.

Jaehyun clicked his tongue peskily, "This again? Really?"

Jungkook maintained his sharp glare to Jaehyun, "I know you know what happened and you choose to not tell me on purpose."

The words just made Jaehyun laughed cynically, "What purpose do I have for not telling you if I know something about that night?"

"You don't tell me because you like Chaeyoung.", Jungkook said as he stepped forward to provoke Jaehyun. "You know I like her. I told you she's my crush because I thought you really hate her. Turned out you were just crushing on her too.", he added all his assumptions which he believed was true.

He remembered he told Jaehyun about his crush on Chaeyoung a few days before the birthday party. He also knew that Jaehyun did not like her because she stole his place in the class. But, today he saw the two of them together and that made him assumed Jaehyun actually was hiding the truth from him because of it. He assumed Jaehyun was hiding the truth because he liked Chaeyoung too and now he got her.

"Oh, you think I have a crush on her back then?", Jaehyun asked mockingly.

"What else could be the reason you hide the truth from me?", Jungkook replied.

Jaehyun laughed at him, "Bro, I told you I don't know anything. Do you really just stopped me to get some answers from me? Huh?"

Jungkook pushed Jaehyun's chest and grabbed him by the neck, "I know you know something about it, Jae!"

A scornful smile formed on Jaehyun's face.

"Are you going to hit me? Do it, I don't care. I have nothing to tell you, Jungkook." , it was a similar sentence like six years ago.

Jungkook gritted his teeth as he remembered what he did that time. If he did not hold himself, he might have punched Jaehyun's face again. He did not want to do that this time. Not when he knew Jaehyun's relationship with Chaeyoung. He will only make himself become the bad guy if he punch Jaehyun now.

"You don't want to tell me, huh? Okay, I'll find out by myself. I'm getting closer to it anyway. You can count your days with Chaeyoung from now on, Jae.", Jungkook let go of Jaehyun's neck harshly before he stepped back to his car.

"Jungkook!", Jaehyun shouted at him.

He turned around to look at Jaehyun with disgust.

"I'm taking Chaeyoung for a dinner tomorrow and she already told her babysitter to take care of her daughter. Just letting you know in case you're wondering where she's gone to tomorrow.", Jaehyun said proudly before waving his hand with a smug smile plastered on his face.

Jungkook stared at him as he drove away from there.

💝

"Jungkook, where are you? I'm really going to take a taxi any minute from now if-"

"Hyung, sorry. The elevator was full and I had to-"

Jimin quickly hugged Jungkook excitedly before he let go and showed his big smile to the younger man, "Let's go meet Chaeyoung."

Jungkook smiled back looking at his friend being excited like a kid, "But first, we're going to the hotel. You need to put your bag there-"

"Nah, forget it. Let's go straight to the bakery.", Jimin said as he pulled Jungkook to lead him the way to the car.

Jungkook had no other words to say and accepted the fate that he will meet Chaeyoung earlier than he expected. He had planned to take Jimin to the bakery a little later in the evening since Hannah had told him that Chaeyoung had to work that day as there were a last minute bulk order that have to be done. It was supposed to be her off day and she will meet Jaehyun in the evening.

Jungkook planned to stop her from going but it seemed that Jimin could not wait to see his sister any longer.

"Oh, yeah. Hyung, when we arrive, maybe I'll check out the situation first in the bakery. Who knew they have a lot of customers when we go there.", Jungkook reminded as they headed for the elevator to go to the parking area of the airport.

"Sure, whatever. As long as I can see my sister today, let's go.", Jimin said with his puffy cheeks showing as he smiled.