what happened, happened

"Uncle, are you taking me camping?"

Jungkook nodded with a big smile as he watched Kiara cheering with her hands in the air while Hannah just shook her head looking at the little girl beside her.

"Even though we will not be sleeping here tonight, you can stay in the tent and we can have a little picnic before we go home.", Jungkook said as he showed her the tent he rented for their hangout that day.

"Thank you, uncle. You made my dream come true again.", Kiara smiled before she asked if she can go into their tent near the lake.

Hannah who was helping to bring the storage box looked at Jungkook with amazement on her face. He just smiled back before asking her why as they walked to the tent together.

"I just want to say..you did an amazing job. Just five days and you already win Kiara's heart.", she lowered her voice as they got near the tent.

Jungkook could hear the sound of happiness inside the tent before he peeked to see Kiara lying down on the mat and rolling over it with excitement. He slowly placed the ice box and portable chairs beside the tent before giving a space for Hannah to put the storage box containing food for picnic.

"I don't have time to waste.", he said as he set up the picnic blanket on the grass.

"I realized something for these five days we met, Mr Jeon.", Hannah put up her finger as she looked at Jungkook.

"Mhm? What?"

"Everyday we meet, you will mention about time at least once.", Hannah told him.

He laughed a little, "You realized it, huh?"

"Of course. You always say that sentence. You don't have time to waste. You can't waste the time you get to spend with Kiara. You're happy to spend time with her. All that.."

Jungkook nodded, "You want to know why?"

"Why?"

"Because time won't come back. You can't go back to fix your forgotten memory. You can't go back to find out what happened. You also don't know what will happen in the future time. All you got is now, the present. All I got now...is this little few hours with...Kiara before I go and meet Chaeyoung.", Jungkook said as his voice became slower at the end of his speech.

Hannah blinked as she heard the last words.

"You are going to meet Chaeyoung? After this?", she asked in a whisper.

Jungkook nodded to her, "Tomorrow her brother is coming here to see her. I have to see her by myself first before her brother finds out through her about us."

"What's the difference anyway?"

"The difference is...if he finds out through her, I'll be dead. Jimin will surely not let me live before I can find the truth. And if I meet her first before her brother, I'm willingly tell Jimin by myself about what happened. I might still get some punches but it's better than he finds out through her.", Jungkook explained.

"So you mean whatever it is going to happen tomorrow, you will be beaten by her brother?", Hannah asked.

"Uncle, it's so nice lying in the tent. I feel like I want to sleep here tonight.", Kiara came out of the tent with a pout on her face.

Jungkook diverted his attention to her, "Oh, my...I wish we can, my dear. But...maybe next time. Hm?"

"Next time...with mummy?", Kiara asked before she looked at Jungkook and Hannah with a hopeful smile.

"Maybe.", Jungkook quietly replied. "For now, let's enjoy camping just the three of us, hm?", he cupped Kiara's face before carrying the girl in his arms.