Chapter 10 ~ Cas

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Ev asks in concern, breaking me out of my reading concentration. I looked up to where she sat at my side, a bit hesitant.

"Yeah, something's gotta be up. I know you like to read, but you haven't moved or said a word since you got back. Other than telling us to not let anyone bother you." Vi also made her way over to the end of my bed, her gaze urging me to spill the beans.

"Wait! I want to hear this too!" Sky calls from the bathroom, rushing over as she towel dries her hair.

"Guys..." I look at them a little hesitant, but Vi places an urging hand on my knee.

"We won't pressure you if you don't wanna talk about it. But it might help to let it out." Sky oats my shoulder gently and I nod, so I take a deep breath before telling them everything.

After I finish, the room is deadly silent from I'm assuming shock, before Ev breaks the silence.

"You and Andy WHAT?!" Ev shrieks before I quickly cover her mouth.

"Shhh! I'm pretty sure everybody in the dormitory just heard you!"

"Forget that! How in the world are you even so calm right now?!" Sky nods along to Vi, her face also in shock.

"I mean seriously, isn't this supposed to be a huge milestone? Normally you'd be shrieking with joy and-"

"That's the thing. Things aren't exactly normal." I whisper, looking down as I play with the hem of my sweater.

"Cas..." Sky pauses as she thinks, before she makes a decision. "Okay! You know what you need? A break, to stop stressing about what you think you're supposed to feel and to just feel! Feelings are never meant to be easy, so the best thing to do is to step back! You'll know how you truly feel when the time is right!" She nods along to her own words, warming up to her idea as she says it. Still ever the optimist.

"She's right, Cassy. Feelings are not something you can plan out in advance. Sometimes you just have to listen to your heart in the moment and go from there." Ev says in agreement with Sky as she takes my hand in sympathy.

"But, I think you need to remember something Cassy," We all look over to Vi in question before she continues. "Andy is not a bad guy. Anyone can tell that, heck I still find it hard to believe he made it as a double agent for so long. His face is an open book, especially when it comes to his feelings for you," At those words I look down again, my face burning as a blush hits my cheeks. Ev and Sky both giggle, which I take as their agreement.

"I think he only survived as long as he did for you. To protect you from Ethan. He wanted to learn as much as he could and come back only when he could give us an advantage." Her words sank into my heart, slowly cracking at all the anger and betrayal I felt. When a guy goes that far for you, how can you continue to push them away?

"Anyway, for now let's just focus on dinner! I'm sure you two will have a chance to figure things out later!" Sky claps her hands twice, as she turns back to the bathroom. Most likely to brush through her hair which she managed to towel dry.

"I second that notion!" Vi gets off the bed, tying up her black hair.

"And I third!" Ev adds her agreement as she pulls me off the bed. Vi takes the book out of my hands and puts it down where I just sat.

I can't help the laugh which escapes me, so grateful to have friends like them.

~~~

Liam had returned to our group to find us waiting for him. After recovering from the shock, he proceeded to gives us the tour. My gaze followed along and I had to say, I was a bit in shock. It was not like our own Compound was lack, but maybe it was from having more people. Or being farther from the centre, but this place looked really well developed. It looked like everyone constantly worked together to add facilities. I had a distinct feeling Sky and Andy were taking heavy notes.