33 - ᴀ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴋ

Previously on Latibule:

I sighed, stopping my hands from shaking with nerves. My classmates' emotions that had made the air thick were starting to disappear as I weighed my options. I could either go home and call Bakugou later to ask how he was or wait for him for hours, maybe until the very end of the day.

I opted for going home, knowing that that's what Bakugou would've liked me to do.

I listened to the birds, who kept singing as if nothing had ever happened, as I walked. What a day... 

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 33///A Walk In The Park

-~:~-

The day after the exams was free and it was right before the weekend, making the weekend longer. That was completely fine by me, for I appreciated the opportunity to rest, and the teachers needed time to grade our exams, too.

I started the morning by staying in bed for a little longer than usual, checking my phone as I did so. I'd sent a message to Bakugou the previous evening but he hadn't answered it before I went to bed. Still, there was an answer by now.

Katsupow: I'm fine, dummy

Katsupow: Don't worry your pretty little head over me

I stared at the last message for a hot minute. Literally. The room had gotten a whole lot warmer the second I laid my eyes on the text.

My heart was beating like crazy and I felt my cheeks heat up.

I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. Disheveled as I was, the mess of red on my cheeks was the cherry on top.

Dang it, what's going on? I asked myself, ignoring the obvious. There was no way I had a crush on Bakugou. He was angry and mean and... a surprisingly good friend when it came down to it. Besides, I was a hopeless romantic! I was in love with the idea of being in love so I was most likely overthinking the whole thing.

Or was I?

In the midst of my inner battle, I didn't notice my phone buzzing in my hand until it had done so twice.

Katsupow: Wanna hang out today or smth?

Katsupow: Answer me, idiot, I can see that you're online

I swallowed, shaking my head to get it clear again before answering.

You: Yeah, sure

You: I just woke up tho so give me time

You: We could meet up in an hour

You: Maybe?

You: If that's fine by you, of course

I chewed on my lip nervously after the last message. Had I come off too bossy at first? Too nervous?

Then he was typing.

And then a message popped up on screen.

Katsupow: Fine by me

Katsupow: The park on 56th street?

Katsupow: I've heard the stand there has good fav./drink

I blushed again at the mention of my favorite drink, for I'd forgotten that he'd remembered.