13 - ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ

Previously on Latibule:

"Imagine having a power like that," Bakugou grumbled, "he must've been punching that monster so fast he couldn't regenerate."

My heart was beating in my ears and I couldn't tell if I was relieved or excited that Nomu was gone. Probably a bit of both, really. With an audible exhale, I pulled myself up and went to stand next to Kirishima. "That's why he's number one," I mused. "It seems he has every right to be."

Kirishima nodded. "Yeah!" His eyes trailed to All Might who was talking with Hand-Man. "But I don't think we're done yet."

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 13///Aftermath

-~:~-

"All Might's strong enough to have this handled," Todoroki snided, "There's no reason for us to fight."

Kirishima nodded before calling out to Midoriya who was still staring at All Might's back. "Come on, Midoriya, we should regroup with the others. The last thing we want is to get taken hostage or get in his way."

As I turned to walk, adrenaline started wearing off and I could feel just how tired I was. My muscles ached, again, from using and not using my quirk at the same time. My nerves were buzzing and there was a slight ache behind my eyes.

Then I stopped because nobody else was walking with me. It was so silent I was almost scared to turn around. I shouldn't have been, everybody was just holding fighting stances, inspecting the low-lives that were starting to wake up once again.

I held back a sigh as I rejoined the group. Let's get this over with.

"What? Too tired to fight?" Bakugou asked, making fun of my situation although I almost thought I heard a worried note under the chords of teasing.

I furrowed my brows. "This training has been exceptionally long but I think I'll manage."

"Will you be joining us?" Todoroki asked Midoriya who hadn't moved a single step from where I last saw him.

Hand-Man charged but All Might just stood and waited. Midoriya sprung from his spot, flying towards Kurogiri and Hand-Man, his arm swung back so he could punch.

"Midoriya!" Kirishima exclaimed in surprise.

Midoriya was about to hit Kurogiri's neck armor when Hand-Man's hand appeared through the mist, portaling through his associate.

Time seemed to freeze as my hand shot up and precise shots of energy shot out of my fingertips, aiming for the pale hand sticking out towards Midoriya. They hit at the same time as a bullet did, pushing the villain's hand away from my classmate's face.

Backup had arrived!

U.A.'s teachers stood at the entrance, Snipe being the one to be so precise even at his current distance. It was an amazing experience seeing all the pros at work as they did what they did best. It reminded me of why I wanted to become a hero in the first place — to help others.

The villains, those who were left, started to retreat as they tried to save themselves but I couldn't care less as I threw my hands up giddily. "Yay," I said quietly, too tired to say anything else.

Kirishima laughed at my childish celebration and even Bakugou let a grin slip as we walked back towards the exit. It was the first time I actually got a good look at them during the whole incident. "Are you two okay?" I asked, my brows creasing. Sure, they didn't seem to have a single scratch on them but I couldn't help but ask. "Are you hurt?"