26 - ᴇɴᴅᴇᴀᴠᴏʀ'ꜱ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ

Previously on Latibule:

I leaned my chin on the back of my hand that was resting on the back of my chair, making myself a bit comfortable. "Shooting for the stars, huh?"

This time he looked up, his deep red eyes gazing into my e/c ones. For the briefest moment I wondered what secrets he held under that tough exterior but that thought vanished as fast as it had appeared. "How else do you think I would become the best, you idiot?" he scoffed.

I half-smiled, standing up and leaving my form for a later time, pushing it to the end of my list of concerns for a moment as I took Bakugou's arm and pulled him along with me. "C'mon, let's get lunch."

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 26///Endeavor's Training

-~:~-

The first day of our internships arrived in the blink of an eye. I joined my class at the train station and soon, when everyone had gathered, Mr. Aizawa gave us a few instructions for the following week, such as reminding us that we cannot wear our costumes in public yet or that everything we do the hero we're interning with would be responsible for.

After that, we parted from each other, all of us searching for our respective transports. I went with Todoroki, of course, as he had chosen his father's agency, too.

We didn't speak but I hadn't expected to, considering who I was with.

Still, when we boarded the train, a question was burning on the tip of my tongue. "Todoroki," I started, choosing the words I used wisely, "why'd you choose your father? I've noticed how you haven't really used your left side."

"He's the only one who can teach me how to use it and make the quirk my own," Todoroki answered without missing a beat.

I nodded, figuring that he'd thought the matter through at least a hundred times.

><><

We walked into the office building that Todoroki knew was his father's agency. I could feel it, really. There was a special type of vibe to it and I wasn't sure whether or not I liked it at all.

The woman at the reception stood up and hunched into a bow of greeting wordlessly, probably because Todoroki was her boss's son and all..

The boy himself thought nothing of it and instead asked the woman to notify Endeavor of our arrival.

Not a minute later, the doors slid open and closed and heat radiated from behind us as we turned around to face the flame hero.

"So you've come," he spoke, regarding us.

I stayed silent, not sure how to answer. Todoroki was just staring at his father with an unfathomable expression. Something like anger rolled off of him but, then again, the hurt wasn't half as intense as it had been during the Sports Festival.

Endeavor didn't seem to mind our silence as he glanced back at the receptionist for the briefest moment. "Aiko will show you to your rooms. Get into your hero costumes and warm up for training. You have 15 minutes."

Todoroki nodded so I did, too, before the receptionist beckoned us to follow her.

Despite the first meeting with Endeavor being more silent than I expected, it wasn't half as awkward. Sure, there was some tension in the air but I'd managed to ignore it.

"Here's your room, Miss L/n."

"Thank you," I nodded to Aiko before going in and immediately into the bathroom to change. I finished quickly and tied my hair so it wouldn't be in my face before exiting the bathroom and plopping onto the ground to warm up.