08 - ʜᴇʀᴏ ʙᴀꜱɪᴄ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ

Previously on Latibule:

"You, too," I smiled. "But I better get going, I promised to be home as soon as possible."

"Oh, why's that?"

I scrunched my nose. "It's clean-up day."

-~:~-

Latibule — Chapter 8///Hero Basic Training

-~:~-

The lesson of hero basic training had been placed in the afternoon of our schooldays. The teacher was late. It was quite — as Mr Aizawa would say — irrational.

Just as I finished that thought, all of us heard a familiar voice. "I AM HERE! Coming through the door like a hero!"

All Might looked pretty ridiculous, hanging from the doorframe like that, but who was I to judge?

Everybody started freaking out because of the top hero who was standing in front of the class. I wasn't surprised because it was known that he would be working in U.A. and this was a subject he knew everything about.

"Welcome to the most important class in U.A. High! Think of it as heroing 101!" he continued loudly. "Here you will learn the basics of being a pro and what it means to fight in the name of good. Let's get into it! In today's lesson, we're throwing out punches!"

Reactions were mixed but most of the others were excited. I remained neutral despite the nervous butterflies starting to fly in my stomach.

"But one of the keys of being a hero is... looking good!" All Might pointed to a wall and shelves with briefcases containing our costumes slid out.

I immediately pictured my costume — it was a suit in the palette of gray, black and white so I could absorb as much energy as possible. It had a turtleneck and the sleeves went to my elbows. I had a leather jacket to put over everything and combat boots to top everything off. It was simple, yes, but it had everything I'd need.

"Get yourselves suited up and then meet me at Training Ground Beta!"

"Yes, sir!"

><><

Everyone's costumes were just as one would expect them to be — they mirrored the owner.

"Looking good, Kirishima!" I complimented, beaming at him.

"Thanks! Not too shabby, yourself." He inspected my costume. "Why so dark, though?"

"Darker colors absorb more sunlight and therefore, more energy. It helps with my quirk."

"Got'cha. After all, that's what a costume's supposed to do, right?"

"They say the clothes make the pros, young ladies and gentlemen, and behold — you are the proof! You should take this to heart because from now on, you are all heroes in training!" All Might exclaimed as we exited the tunnel, his voice cutting through the murmurs of excitement.

"You look so good! Now, shall we get started, you bunch of newbies?"

Midoriya came, running a bit late, making All Might's look turn into exasperated but also amused despair of a sort because Midoriya's costume was directly inspired off of All Might.

"Now that you're ready, it's time for combat training!"

"Sir," Iida raised his arm stiffly, "this is the fake city from our entrance exam. Does this mean we'll be conducting urban battles again?"