CHAPTER - 1

1996- Summer Vacation

Shinchan's dad, Harry Nohara, often arrives home late from the office. It was around 11 p.m. He hurriedly went to the train station and started waiting for the train. Just then, Shinchan's principal, Mr. Bunta Takakura, arrived at the same station. Upon seeing the principal, Harry smiled and greeted him, saying, 'Hello, Principal Sir! How are you?' The principal also became happy upon seeing Harry and replied, 'I'm fine, Mr. Nohara. How are you?' They exchanged pleasantries and conversed for a while. Then, everything became quiet. Both of them stood on the side, waiting for the train. Besides them, there was no one else at the entire station. After a while, the train arrived, and as soon as the doors opened, Harry and the principal boarded the train. Just then, two boys came running to the station in a panicked state and got onto the train. Harry and the principal were sitting together on one side. They both looked at the boys as they entered the train. The boys seemed quite scared, perhaps because they were running and their condition was not good. They appeared quite young and were wearing high school jackets. As soon as they entered the train, they looked around and quickly sat in a corner seat. Both of them were sweating profusely, and one of the boys had placed his hand on the side of his stomach. They were whispering to each other slowly, and the boy with his hand on his stomach seemed to be quietly sobbing. Hiroshi and the principal observed all of this. Concerned, they both got up from their seats and approached the two boys, asking, 'Are you okay, boys?' They moved closer to them, and one of the boys standing up let out a sigh and said, 'Oh, yes, sir, we're fine.' Hiroshi replied, 'But your friend seems to be upset. What's wrong?' The boy responded, 'It's nothing, sir, he just has a little stomach ache, nothing serious.' Then, the principal reached into his bag and said, 'I have some medicine for stomach pain. If you want, you can take it.' The boy smiled faintly and said, 'No, sir, there's no need. We're almost home, and I'll give him some medicine on the way.' Hiroshi insisted, 'Your friend is in pain; he should take the medicine.' As Hiroshi's gaze fell on the seat where the boy had placed his hand, he noticed blood coming from that spot. He immediately said, 'Your friend is bleeding from his stomach.' Hearing this, the principal also looked toward the boy. At that moment, the boy standing in front of them took out a knife from his pocket and warned them not to come closer, saying, 'Stay away from us! Don't get involved.' He slowly started backing away with his friend, keeping the knife pointed toward the principal and Hiroshi.

Both Hiroshi and the principal took a step back, trying not to escalate the situation. The boy, with one hand supporting his injured friend, kept the knife ready. He said, "Stay away; you both are associated with them. Especially the one with glasses; you look like gang members. If you come any closer, I'll attack."

Hiroshi tried to reason with him, saying, "We are not associated with anyone. Please understand, we can help you. Let us assist you." However, the boy, still backing away, replied, "Just stay away from us. If you come any closer, I will harm you." At that moment, the principal stepped forward and said, "Listen, boys, if you don't let us help, your friend might get worse. We don't want anyone to get hurt." But when the two boys saw the seriousness in the principal's voice, they became even more frightened. The boy who was bleeding from his stomach fell to the ground in fear, clutching his knees and hands, sobbing. The other boy, with the knife in his hands, started waving the knife around anxiously.