Movie Night(JO)

Jenna's pov

I walked into the apartment, wiping my eyes and breathing a shaky sigh as I lean against the door. "Love?" I heard y/n call from the other room. I quickly wiped my eyes as more tears found their way out and turn to her with a fake smile. "Hi love...it was stressful at work today" I say, my voice cracking slightly with emotion.

Y/n turned to me with a knowing look. "I saw the interview..." she said, my fake smile dropped immediately. Dammit...just what I need today, my girlfriend to see me have a breakdown on live television... "I'm proud of you" she said, making me look at her in disbelief and surprise.

"...what?...Why?" I ask curiously. What could she possibly be proud of? "Well...you showed your emotions...and- and I'm just proud of you for having the strength to do that...that probably helped a lot of people realize that it's okay...to not be okay" she said. I felt the tears well in my eyes as I desperately tried to hold them back. Don't cry...don't cry...don't-

Suddenly y/n hugs me, which is my final straw. I snap and just cry into her shoulder, gripping onto her for stability as I try to stay on my feet. She wraps me in a hug and sits us down on the couch as I hold onto her desperately.

Y/ns pov

I hold Jenna as she cries into my shoulder, a soft smile on my face as she finally shows her emotions for the first time in months. "I- I'm so sorry" she says, the words muffled against my chest. "Don't be..." I whisper back as she slowly calms down.

We sit in silence for a few minutes as I hold Jenna, knowing she needs it. I let her bury her face into my chest as she slowly stops crying. "I'm sorry...I- I didn't think I'd break down like this..." she mumbles against my chest. "It's alright love...I'm glad you're back" I say, and we both know I don't just mean 'back from work'.

Jenna looked up at me with watery eyes, a small smile on her face. "I'm glad I'm back too..." she said quietly. I continued hugging her until I got an idea, I smiled softly and kissed her forehead before getting up and walking to our room. She followed me curiously, not wanting to stop cuddling as she wrapped her arms around me.

"What are you doing..." she asked as I rummaged in the closet. "Do you want to sleep in my hoodie love?" I ask hopefully. Jenna's eyes immediately lit up. "...really?" I nodded as she hugged me tightly. "Thank you...thank you so much" she mumbled, taking the hoodie to change out of her work clothes.

I smiled softly and turned on the television, exiting the channel that the interview was on and clicking Netflix, leaving the remote on the bed and waiting for Jenna to return. A few minutes later Jenna came out of the bathroom in my hoodie, her eyes sparkled once she saw the tv.
"...we're having a movie night?!" She asked excitedly.

"We're having a movie night-" i confirmed "just like we used to." Jenna immediately hugged me tight, silently thanking me as she smiled warmly against my chest. "What do you want to watch love?" I asked her as I sat on the bed. "Um...can we watch heartstopper?" She asked with a hopeful look. "Of course" I said, cuddling Jenna as I turned on heartstopper.

*timeskip to later*

I held Jenna close as we watched heartstopper, I looked down at her after a while to see her sleeping. She cuddled closer as she entered a deeper sleep, now completely still as I turned off the tv. I held her close to my chest, a soft smile appearing on her face. "Goodnight love" I whispered before kissing her forehead one last time, allowing sleep to take me as we slept in each other's arms.

A/n: okay, I honestly don't know how or when I thought of this but immediately started writing, I'm glad I was able to write another chapter because I really missed writing, hope you enjoyed this one<333