one.

COMMENT!

SAIGE POV

BEEEEP! BEEEP! BEEEEPPPPP!

I jolted out of my sleep from my blaring alarm clock. I heard a knock at my bedroom door as it opened. "Rise and shine sweet pea. I made your favorite for breakfast" she stated as I inhaled the warm, sweet maple aroma filling my room. Fresh toast! My mom always made the best French toast.

My mom.. My Heart.. Blaire Valentine, she's the sweetest, kind-hearted human ever. The one I Get my fashion sense from. She's even more adorable when she isn't dressed in a lab coat. She studied computational chemistry at Harvard where she met my dad. she's a computational chemist and an expert in protein synthesis simulation at a scientific research center called Benetech Laboratory which is pretty cool, every so often I'd go to the lab with her while she worked. Now that we've moved to Seattle, she was able to transfer all of her data over to Seattle Institute for Research and Biostatistics still doing the same work.

She said her mom taught her how to make the perfect french toast and it was her duty to pass it down to me. She's promised to teach me all her recipes this upcoming summer. "Come on darling! You don't want to be late on the first day of freshman year at your new school" she winked before kissing my forehead and leaving me to crawl out of bed.

Ugghhhh, first day..freshman year, new school.. That's everything I dreaded. All I wanted was to go back home. Back to my friends. Back to everything and everyone I knew. Honestly, I was scared. We all know how people treat the "new kids".

I made sure to pack my book bag the night before, just to make sure I had everything I needed. I began my morning routine and shortly after picked out an outfit. Before we left Denver, my mom took me shopping. I decided to pair a cute little white crop top button down she picked out for me with denim shorts that cut off at the knees with a cute ruffled waistband that she picked out as well.

 I decided to pair a cute little white crop top button down she picked out for me with denim shorts that cut off at the knees with a cute ruffled waistband that she picked out as well

I loved fashion, it was my thing. At my old school, some of my friends and I were able to start a fashion club. We took clothes students & teachers donated and used a classroom in the old wing of our school to turn it into a showroom. if a student was in need, they'd stop in and pick out whatever they needed.

"SWEET PEAAA, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE TIME FOR BREAKFAST!!" My mom yelled up the stairs. I grabbed my backpack and headed down to the dinner table. "Morning papa" I greeted approaching the table. "morning baby girl, ready for your first day " he smiled, getting up from the table and dumping his plate into the sink.

I shrugged, "mm, I guess" Not really.. I thought to myself. "Well, don't worry about it, suga bear. I'm sure you'll make friends" he told me grabbing his briefcase off the couch.

"I'll be home a little after dinner." He kissed both my mom and me and left for work.

My Dad.. My Papa Bear.. Arlo Valentine, stern & strict but can get a little soft when it comes to me. As far as I know and what he's told me, he is the only living member of his family. Come to think of it, I haven't met or know many of my mom's family either... 

Anyway ...

My dad is a criminal defense lawyer.. and he is the reason we moved here to Seattle. his close friend (who was also a lawyer) Cole passed away during their annual "frat bro" ski trip. Cole was skiing and nearing the bottom of a trail when he toppled over.. his head, free from the confinement and protection of a helmet, banged against the still hard-packed snow. He shrugged off the fall at first, but my dad and the others thought it was best to go for a second opinion from the ski patrol, who subsequently called for an ambulance.

Cole insisted that he was fine. He signed a waiver to decline medical help and walked to his room in their cabin. Back in his room, Cole initially showed no ill effects from the incident. He even made light of it in a phone call to his wife, notifying her of the incident.

A little later at dinner, he had been complaining of a headache and nearly fainted. Everyone thought it was best to make another call for an ambulance. As they rushed him to the hospital, his health continued to plummet, and the first responders realized during that time, they weren't equipped to handle what had become a dire situation.

Once he arrived at the hospital, Cole was already pronounced dead from an epidural hematoma, a condition in which blood pools between the brain and skull. And in his will, he left my dad his entire firm and all his clients, here in Seattle.

---

Now, on the way to school & lost in my thoughts of all the things that could go wrong on my first day of a new school, I felt my mom tap my shoulder & wiggle a little. "Sweet Pea.." I snapped out of the trance I was in. "We're here, muffin" she smiled, kissing my cheek.

I looked over glaring at the huge Black & Gold sign that read, SEATTLE HIGH SCHOOL, with PANTHERS written underneath it. I sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt. My mom grabbed my wrist before I climbed out of the car. I turned to face her "You're a brave and resilient little human, baby. You got this and you know mommy is always here. Text or call if you need me," she told me.

"Thanks, Mommy, I love you," I told her, finally climbing out of the car and into my new school.

A/N: Short, but not for long. Let me know your thoughts on it so far :)