Dad and Daughter

Info - dad and daughter moment

"Hey, Bonnie, y/n, can you come here?l Timothée called. Bonnie and I looked at one another. She'd been helping me wash dishes.

"Should I get Zack and Alice?" I asked.

"No, just the two of you please," he said back. We followed his voice to his study.

"Come here princess," Timothée said to Bonnie. She looked around to see if any of her siblings were looking. Being the oldest she had an image to uphold, even if she was only nine.

"Okay Papa," she said and went to sit in his lap. I shut the door softly, thinking it was probably necessary.

"So I know your birthday is in two days, but this is an early gift," he said. He pressed play on the laptop.

"She's perfect," sobbed a Timothée from ten years ago on the computer screen. He was holding baby Bonnie, fresh from the womb.

"I know," the younger me said tiredly from the bed.

"I'm so happy," he wept as he clutched my hand and his baby girl.

Here Comes the Sun by George Harrison started to play. Something began to play that I didn't even know had been planned. A picture from every day of Bonnie's life flashed across the screen. No they weren't the same. Some she clearly knew the photos were being taken, others were candid. It was something he'd dedicated himself without anyone knowing.

I watched Bonnie's mouth open slowly wider and wider as the movie went on. Timothée held her tighter and tighter, and both of us were tearing up. Three thousand six hundred and fifty pictures.

"Hi baby," said the younger Timmy to my stomach. "I'm your Papa and I'm sooooo excited to meet you. I just know you're perfect."

"Hey baby," waved present day Timothée. I knew it was more recent from the grey in his hair. His face hadn't changed much.

"I was right! You are perfect. I am still excited to meet you again every day," he grinned. "I'm so proud of you. You're an amazing girl and you'll be hitting the double digits. I can't believe how wonderful you are. You'll probably get gifts you like much more than this, but I've been excited to show you. I love you."

"Papa," she said shakily. She threw her arms around his neck. "I won't get a better gift."

"I love you darling," he said softly.

"I love you too," she said.