"I'm happy for you Theo," Nia whispered, her voice filled with genuine emotion.

"Are you?" Despite the odds, Nia managed to hear the whispered question.

"What?" Theodore shakes his head, and waved the question off. "It's nothing, just forget it,"

Her voice, now tinged with a hint of remorse, pleaded for understanding. "Truly, Theo, I am happy for you," she confessed, blending sincerity and regret.

"I know," he says, a moment of silence passed between them, filled with unspoken words and shared memories.

Taking a deep breath, he finally found his voice. "I never stopped loving you," he whispered, his voice filled with sincerity. Before she could answer the announcers voice interrupted her.

"Can everyone please find their seats. The auction is about to start-"

"Excuse me I must find my seat-" His hand grabbed ahold of her wrist, stopping her from leaving. "Nia, please," he pleaded, not ready to let her go out of his sight just yet.

"When can I see you again?" This question flooded both their minds with old memories, as they thought of how the first met.

"Theo,"

"Nia, please, I want to see you again. At least give me the real reason. Don't you think I deserve that? The truth?" His eyes were pleading for her to say yes, Nia hid herself from the truth for too long.

She knew he deserved some closer.

"Okay fine, but not here." Nia took hold of his hand and dragged him towards her favorite room of the museum. It was also the most beautiful room out of the entire museum. Nia watched as Theodore put his hand up gesturing for his secret service men to hold, someone she hadn't realized was standing by the wall this whole time.

Theodore was overwhelmed by the sheer beauty that unfolded before his eyes, as they stepped inside the room. A harmonious blend of golden hues and celestial blues adorned the walls, the celestial blues, like a tranquil sea meeting the sky, blending effortlessly with the golden tones. And the golden hues shimmered and danced in the soft glow of the museum's lighting, casting a warm and inviting ambiance.

The room seemed to exude a sense of calm and contentment, as if it held the power to heal weary souls and mend broken hearts, turning frowns upright into a smile. "This place is beautiful,"

Theodore says, still overwhelmed by the amount of details on the wall and paintings. His eyes caught glimpse of one specific painting, Theodore was completely absorbed in the painting's beauty, unable to look away. It was as if he had been transported to an art world where the colors complimented each room and every brushstroke was a masterpiece. The more he stared at the details, the more it started to become familiar.

Nia Marie.

Written in golden paint, at the bottom corner of the painting. He remembered this painting, a faint memory of seeing it years ago came rushing back.

"Theo, look at this. Tell me what you think? Do you love it?" He dropped his paintbrush and looked over to her canvas, where he saw a masterpiece.

"You really are talented, my love,"

The first words that escaped his lips were, "You got it hang in a museum,"

"I did,"

"Wow, Nia I'm so proud of you."

"Theo," Nia's voice trembled with intense feelings, as she whispered his name.

Ignoring what he had said, she responds. "You said you want to hear the truth, so I will tell you."

"Yes, I want the truth," Theodore replied.

"What do you want to hear?"

"The real reason,"

__

Longer chapter. Now the longer chapters are starting.

So quick change. But Nia is now 28 it's still sort of an age gap.

How was it?

Me after writing over 1000 word:

All love though 🫶🏽