𝟑.𝟑

Warning: gore! No violence necessarily, but graphic descriptions of injuries

Inuyasha and Sayuri followed Kagome back to the well. Upon seeing the broken doors, Sayuri felt a little guilty, and she picked them back up. She held them up to the hinges in a desperate attempt to fix them; however, she had no experience in building things, and was at a loss of what to do. Meanwhile, Kagome stared at the well in horror. "More strands are coming out!" Taking her eyes away from the doors, Sayuri glanced over her shoulder and back to the well; however, she saw nothing, so she returned her attention to the broken doors.

"So Sayuri-baba was right," Inuyasha commented, watching Sayuri struggle to put the doors back up into the proper position. As soon as she steadied one, the other would fall down. "You got the vision at least."

"Do you have any idea what you've brought with you!?"

Finally, Sayuri stabilized both doors at the same time. She stepped back hesitantly, and when they didn't fall again, she pulled out a binding talisman from the infinite expanse of her sleeve. She gently slapped it onto the door so it wouldn't fall off it's hinges again, exclaiming, "Yatta!"

"No! No yatta!" Kagome shouted, and Sayuri flinched. 

"Sorry, sorry..."

Finally, her grandfather and brother caught up to them; however, Kagome slammed the doors shut. Sayuri gasped, her hands covering her mouth before she frantically ran over to check if the doors were all right. "Be careful, please...!" She let out a sigh of relief when they stayed on their hinges. "They're delicate..."

"Thank you!" Kagome's grandfather shouted in appreciation from the other side. "Finally, someone respects these doors!"

Kagome, however, was not very interested in the elderly people's (that is, Sayuri and Kagome's grandfather) bonding moment. She screamed and ducked to the side, pulling Sayuri along with her. As such, the poor doors took the brunt of the invisible attack, shuddering under the force. "Inuyasha, behind you!" Kagome called, and Inuyasha jumped into the air. However, he was quickly pulled back down by something, and he struggled to get away from it.

"Damn it!" he shouted, swinging his claws and breaking himself free.

However, Kagome wasn't relieved. "It isn't cutting at all..."

A set of boxes filled with talismans caught Sayuri's eye, and she ran towards them. Praying that they weren't all written with kintama, she dug through them until she found one with the word hi (火) inscribed. "If we can't cut it, then we'll just have to burn it."

"No!" Kagome pulled her away from the talismans, ripping the paper explosive out of her hand. "Look, over there!"

Sayuri followed her finger in the direction she was pointing. "Oh! I see... nothing..."

"Over here is the strand that's controlling all the other ones!" She grabbed something out of the air and pulled it down, grimacing as the hair cut into her hands. "Cut it!"