Everything Changed [Final]

"Owen Harper, Gwen Cooper," Jack Harkness introduced the policewoman to the team.

"Dr. Owen Harper, thank you," Owen corrected.

"Toshiko Sato, computer genius." Jack continued, "Suzie Costello, she's second in command. This is Ianto Jones. Ianto cleans up after us and gets us everywhere on time,"

Ianto looked up from Akira's homework. "I try my best,"

"And he looks good in a suit,"

"Careful. That's harassment, sir,"

"You're forgetting somebody," Akira teased.

Jack smirked as he placed his hands on both of Akira's shoulders. "And this cute little annoyance is my daughter Akira,"

"I'm at least less annoying than Owen," Akira pointed out.

"Oi!" Owen argued.

"But why are you telling me their names?" Gwen wondered. "I'm not supposed to know, am I? This is classified, isn't it?"

"Way beyond classified," Akira mused with a laugh.

"Then you shouldn't be telling me. What are you gonna do to me?"

Akira glanced up at her father.

"What do you imagine?" Jack asked.

"Well, I've seen too much. Your names and everything, and the Weevil and...you can dump him out in the water and lie about his death,"

Jack grabbed his coat "Okay, Tosh, finish that calibration tomorrow morning. Owen, first thing, get a hold of Chandler and Bell 'cause I think they're lying. Ianto, if he needs backup, then you better be on standby. Suzie, I know it's a pain in the ass, but I need the costing on the glove research." He pointed to Gwen "And as for you, you're coming with me. This way,"

"What about me?!" Akira shouted.

"Ask me after you finished your homework," Jack said.

Akira grumbled as she took a seat and glanced over her equations for math. She glanced over at Ianto.

"You know the deal. Attempt it first; then I will help you," Ianto said without a word from Akira.

"But you know I hate Maths!" Akira whined.

***

Akira had gotten bored and decided to look up the case report by the police. She mindlessly clicked through until she noticed the sketch of the murder weapon."Shite," Akira cursed as she quickly stood up to find Ianto, only to be met with a cold blade around her neck.

"You really weren't supposed to read that," Suzie hissed. "Now you're going to walk with me, or I'll make it seem like a weevil escaped and cut you up,"

"I won't say a word...promise,"

"Like father like daughter, if you saw the report, so would he..." Suzie tugged on Akira's arm, and they started walking. "So you're coming with me as insurance,"

"You're a real bitch you know that,"

***

Akira stumbled as they made it outside of the Torchwood Estate. Her eyes widened when she saw the familiar police officer from yesterday.

"Hello again." Suzie greeted, "You were right; you told Jack we should liaise with the police. I was the only one who bothered, so I was the only one who saw the report,"

"She's lying through her teeth," Akira hissed as Suzie tightened her grip on the young girl's arm.

Suzie pulled the knife out of her bag. "They got a good likeness,"

"I'm arresting you for...How do I know you?" Gwen asked

"I thought you might've seen it, and that can trick the amnesia, just one specific image if you're clever. He said you were good. Anyway, it's not much good now, I can't really..." she gestured with the knife. "You're going to put up a fight, so I've got..." she searched her handbag "Erm, hold on...sorry,"

Akira rolled her eyes. "Oh please, we have all the time in the world,"

Suzie pulled out a gun and dropped her bag.

The gun pointed to Akira's temple.

"There, that's better," Suzie proclaimed.

"Put it down..." Gwen said.

"You had to come back..."

Akira looked at Gwen, scared.

"Put down the gun,"

"You're the only one who can make the link..." Suzie looked down at Akira. "Well, the only one in public. Torchwood's gonna find out by morning, but we'll be gone. I don't know where far away...what am I going to do? I loved this job; I really loved it. And now I've got to run. Oh, Christ! How can you do any other job after this?"

"Please put down the gun,"

"It gets inside you, you do this job for long enough, and you end up thinking...how come we get all the, the weevils and bollocks and shit. Is that what alien life is? Filth? Then maybe there's better stuff out there, brilliant stuff, beautiful stuff. Just...But they don't come here. This planet's so dirty. That's all we get, the shit,"

"I don't know what you're talking about,"

"I wish I could forget,"

"Why did you kill those people?"

"For the glove," Suzie stepped forward.

"Just stay where you are,"

"I needed the bodies; that's how it works, violent death. It was so easy. To bring them back, I just positioned myself behind the head so they never see me twice,"

"You killed three people,"

"It was the only way. The more I use the glove, the more I control it..."

"I don't understand what glove? Where have I seen you before?"

"If I can get enough practice, then think what the glove could do. If I could get it to work all the time, on anything, beyond two minutes, if I could get it to work all the time, on anything, beyond two minutes, if I could get it to work permanently, it could resurrect. Resurrection on demand for the whole world, isn't that good?"

Jack rose on the invisible lift between the group.

Akira looked over at her father pleadingly.

"Isn't it, though? Well, that's what I've been working for. All day, all night, the rest of them go swanning about while I'm working. You gotta get inside this stuff. Surrender yourself to it, I did with the knife and the glove, and that's why the perception filter isn't going to work on me..." Suzie turned and shot Jack in the forehead; he collapsed.

"Daddy!" Akira shrieked, causing Suzie to cover her mouth.

"What...who is he? Where did he come from? What have you done..." Gwen asked, confused.

Suzie pointed the gun at Gwen and cocked it.

"Please don't..."

"I can't let you go," Suzie reasoned.

"Please don't..."

Akira cried as they stepped over her father's body and towards Gwen.

"I've got to... I'm sorry, I've got to, I've got to...I've got to.." Suzie said.

"Put down the gun and let my daughter go!"

Akira sobbed in relief as she heard her father's voice. Suzie turned them around to look at Jack.

"Suzie, it's over, now come with me..." Jack offered his hand to Suzie.

Gwen looked on, disbelieving.

Suzie turned to look at Akira and then put the gun under her chin...the girl shook her head, pleading.

"Don't do it...Suzie...please," Akira screamed when she pulled the trigger.

"Akira!" Jack ran towards his daughter and hugged her as she broke down. "I've got you. I've got you,"

"I...remember. I remember," Gwen muttered.