"You're right, I'm sorry." She sighed and let out a shaky breath, "how is she?"

He ran his hands down his face, "shit ain't looking too good— she ain't really making an effort to do any type of treatments. She don't really wanna go through all that chemotherapy shît again,"

Brooklyn stood and wrapped her arms around his waist, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm straight, you know that."

"Are you really though? I know that I can't relate to the closeness of you and your parents but I am here. I was being a brat because I'm trying to change for you, and be more affectionate like you want and I was in my feelings a little..." She kissed his lips, "I know your going through so much and I shouldn't add on to that. I should be your peace,"

Hash smiled down at her, "is it too late to do what you planned for me chocolate? I seen the set up, I wanna enjoy it. I'm sorry baby, I ain't mean to miss this and your efforts doesn't go unnoticed."

Brooklyn smiled, "go get cleaned up and meet me downstairs,"

Once she walked past him she yelped when he smacked her ass and hard, "you look so fuçking sexy right now baby. I'm tempted to put my dick in you right now,"

"Behave sexy,"

Hash laughed and plugged his phone onto her charger, "when that charges? Just disregard the messages and voicemails..."

"Oh, you was on a nigga ass like that? Don't delete them while I'm in the shower either."

"I was gone do that anyway," she told him, "matter of fact..." she grabbed his phone and the charger, "I need this soon as it turns on. You won't ever see how bad I cursed you out,"

"Man, you crazy forreal baby. Do yo thang," he shook his head and disappeared into her bathroom.

Brooklyn headed down the stairs, she plugged his phone in and then took his food from the oven so she could reheat it in the oven. She had made his favorite— baked macaroni and cheese, candied yams, collard greens, and a missisppi pot roast w/ carrots and potatoes. As that was heating up, she made sure she deleted all of the crazy texts and voicemails she had left him. As she read them she chuckled at how embarrassing she was being.

Her and Hash had been dating for around six months now and they both agreed to too keep things between them until Brooklyn was ready to be with him, they weren't hiding or a secret and she'd actually met his family but when it came to him being around her friends or parents she always made an excuse. Brooklyn had always been a very private girl, and that stemmed from her childhood.

Brooklyn came from wealth and she was the only child that still dealt with her parents— you'd think she had the love she wanted from her parents but as long as they gave her the finer things in life they didn't see the need to bond with her. They took care of her and still paid for her penthouse, sent her money and showered her with gifts. However Brooklyn longed to have love from them, and the lack of love she had growing up always came between her relationships because she too was emotionally detached, and simply didn't know how to love someone. Something she hated that she got from her parents.

Back when she used to try and talk with them they'd tell her she was just being an ungrateful spoiled brat— so, she bottled all of it up. She noticed how badly it affected her, she just didn't know when/how to break the cycle. It was hard. However this relationship with Hash was the hardest she'd ever tried and she hoped that he noticed it.