Chapter 12

Chapter starts from naira asking the question from kartik.

Naira: kartik tum khush ho na?

She said being hopeful that he is happy with the good news but his expressions were showing the opposite. He averted his eyes from her and was avoiding to have an eye contact. She cupped his face with both hands and made him look at her.

Naira: please bolo na kartik humara baby aane wala hai kartik tum khush ho na?

Kartik: pata nhi naira.

His answer made her perplex.

Naira: what do you mean by pta nhi? Kartik ye hum dono ka baby h humare pyar ki nishani. I was expecting a good reaction kartik.

She said while a fear of rejection was already crepting in her heart. She was rejected by her father and now she don't want that for her baby who has not even came in this world.

Kartik rubbed his forehead frustratingly and turned on the other side. Where as naira wanted to know why was he not happy.

Kartik: mujhe nhi pta naira mujhe khush hona chaiye ya. Mujhe nhi pta k ye bacha blessing hai ya phir ek burden..

Before he could say anything naira pulled him by his arm

Naira: shut up kartik mera bacha burden nhi hai or na kabhi ho sakta hai. For god sake kartik ye humara bacha h humare un palo ki nishani jisme humne ek dusre se pyar kiya tha how can you say k ye bacha burden h shayad tumpe ho bhi lekin mujh pe nhi h. Jab se mene suna k I'm pregnant mujhe usi waqt se is bache se pyar hogya h. Humara bacha unplanned zarur tha kartik but unwanted nhi hai samjhe tum?

She said a little bit loudly because people were around them. Till now her tears were falling down while Kartik's eyes were wet. He held her arms.

Kartik: I'm sorry naira mujhe ye nhi kehna chaiye tha but mera matlab wo nhi h. Ye bacha bilkul bhi unwanted nhi h . Its just that k filhal hum financially stable nhi h or ek bacha jab aata h to uske sath or bhi responsibilities aajati h. Uski education, uski health or bhi bht kuch or mein apne bache ko duniya ki har khushi dena chahta hu which i can't afford currently. Mujhe dar lag rha h naira, agr humare bache ko mein achi life nhi de paya to.

Her eyes softened hearing his wordsm she hugged him.

Naira: aisa bilkul nhi hoga kartik. I'm sure tum duniya ke sab se ache papa banoge. Mere papa se bhi ache.

She said with tears.

Naira: Kartik hum humare baby ko bht ache se bara karenge, uski har wish poori hogi or kartik tumhare kanha ji hai na to kyu tension le the ho.

She held his hand and kept it on her flat belly.

Naira: feel our baby kartik.

Kartik closed his eyes while his hand was on her belly.

Kartik: i love you baby.

He whispered. Naira smiled widely. Then they went to their home hand in hand, with beautiful smiles on their faces.

It was evening kartik was searching for a good gynecologist online while naira was watching tv. Her phone rang, it was an unknown number. Kartik also came and sat beside her. She answered the call and put it on speaker.

Naira: hello

Kanchi: hello di.

Naira: kanchi tu.

Kanchi: han didu apki kanchi.

Her voice was cracking and naira could feel it. Her eyes also welled up after hearing her first bany's voice.