She gathered her courage and asked Xu Zhiheng for the first time. Xu Zhiheng smiled and agreed, "Okay."

But before Chinese Valentine's Day, she was blinded. As a result, this matter seemed to be forgotten. Xu Zhiheng didn't take the initiative to bring it up again. He Yan also didn't mention it. She thought that perhaps he was worried about her illness and didn't have the mood to talk about it. Until the next day, He Wanru passed by her door. She smiled and asked someone to put away the lantern Xu Zhiheng gave her the day before.

She just found out that on Chinese Valentine's Day, Xu Zhiheng wasn't at home. It wasn't because of official business, but because he accompanied He Wanru to the temple fair.

Life was full of different things. She didn't know how she was doing as a man, but she knew that as a woman, she was really terrible.

Just as she was thinking, Hong Shan came in from outside. He saw the mandarin duck pot in her hand and joked, "Oh, our commander-in-chief gave you a Chinese Valentine's Day gift! What kind of good wine is it? Let Big Brother have a taste! "

He Yan was stunned for a moment and suddenly laughed.

Thinking about it now, this Chinese Valentine's Day wasn't too bad. She rode a horse with the man in the dreams of countless Da Wei women. She touched his waist, rode his horse, walked through the mountain roads, saw the starry sky, and finally received a pot of spirit medicine for free.

She didn't waste her life.

Chapter 77

     Zheng Xuan and two new recruits were standing beside the practice field of the Liangzhou Guard. Seeing Xiao Jue approach, Shen Han hurried forward. "Commander in chief."

"I heard that the person was found?" Shen Han asked.

"Liang Ping is keeping an eye on him."

Shen Han sighed in relief. He Yan was currently under suspicion. If he suddenly disappeared, it might have been intentional. It was safer to keep suspicious people under one's nose.

However, since the person had been found, it was time to consider another matter.

"Zheng Xuan said that He Yan crossed the mountain by himself. Shen Hong said that He Yan crossed the mountain to save Zheng Xuan. Commander in chief, what do you think …" Shen Han asked.

Xiao Jue said, "Zheng Xuan is lying."

Shen Han paused.

"There are hoofprints on the mountain path. I also found traces of a wolf cub falling to its death," Xiao Jue said. "He Yan was indeed saving someone."

Shen Han's expression darkened. "If that's the case, Zheng Xuan and the others are not righteous." No matter how outstanding these new recruits were, once they entered the battlefield in the future, who knew if they would change sides at the last moment? Soldiers could die under the enemy's blade, but they could not die under the secret arrows of their comrades.

"However," Shen Han thought of another matter, "if He Yan's words are true, can she be cleared of suspicion?" If He Yan was someone who would disregard his own life for his comrades, perhaps he should change his view of her.