She shifted her position, and with her head tilted up, she could see the starry sky and felt a little cold. But in this trap, other than her, there was only the corpse of the wolf. He Yan thought for a moment, and shrank her body into the wolf's stomach. Although it was cold, she still had a body of fur, which could protect her from the cold.

He Yan reached out to untie the water bottle at her waist. There was only a mouthful of water left in the bottle. She drank all the water and threw the bottle aside. Cold, hungry, and thirsty, she had not experienced this for many years.

Suddenly, she remembered what Hong Shan said to her before she left in the morning, "Come back early, let's celebrate the festival together tonight."

It was a clear autumn night, the moonlight was like silk, the fireflies were dancing, and the river was white. At the end of the Black Magpie Bridge. He Yan looked up at the stars in the distance and murmured, "Every family is looking at the autumn moon, wearing tens of thousands of red silk."

She sighed and smiled helplessly, "Today is the Chinese Valentine's Day …"

In the silent night, the cowherd and the weaver girl were crossing the Magpie Bridge in the distance. A cool breeze blew, blowing away all the joy and hatred.

Someone's voice sounded, with a mocking smile.

"What? You still want to go to the river with your sweetheart? "

He Yan looked up in surprise, only to see a slender figure suddenly appear in the round sky. He stood at the edge of the trap, the moonlight swaying, flowing bright, and looking at her playfully.

It was Xiao Jue.

Chapter 72

     In the pit, the young man was leaning against the stone wall. He reeked of blood and half of his body was buried under the wolf's corpse. He was covered in wounds, but he was still in the mood for romance.

He looked at her with a pair of bright eyes. They were full of surprise, but there was no trace of joy.

He Yan blurted out, "Xiao … Commander in Chief, why are you here?"

At this time, she thought that no one would come. In fact, after thinking about it carefully, the possibility of Zheng Xuan finding someone to save her was very slim. Shen Hong was so timid that she probably wouldn't dare to say anything after a little threat. Since she couldn't count on others, she could only rely on herself. He Yan originally wanted to stay here until dawn and wait for the blood on her body to dry. She wanted to recover her strength and then think of a way to climb out of the pit. She didn't expect that someone would come to save her, and she didn't expect that the person would be Xiao Jue.

Xiao Jue didn't answer her question. She only asked, "Can you come up by yourself?"

He Yan replied, "No."

The pit was crudely made, but it was too deep. She had no strength in her legs and couldn't climb up.

Xiao Jue looked at her, then turned and left. He Yan was confused. What did he mean? He left just like that?

After a while, he came back with a long object in his hand. He Yan looked at it carefully. Wasn't this the bamboo stick that she broke? Although it was broken in two, it just happened to extend from the top. He Yan could hold it.