"If only there was wine." Hong Shan smacked his lips. "Now I finally understand why you shouldn't join the army unless you have nowhere else to go. This is not something a human would do."

"I want to hunt." Xiao Mai bitterly curled her lips at Shi Tou. "Big Brother, I want to eat roasted rabbit."

Shi Tou: "… Wait a few days."

He Yan found it funny. Wait a few days. Even if they waited a month, they would not have the opportunity to hunt. If they wanted to run away after entering the army camp, they would be considered deserters. Deserters would be beheaded.

After dinner, everyone went to take a bath. Hong Shan hesitated for a moment and asked, "A He, you really don't want to go?"

After being in the sun for the whole day, he was covered in sweat. His whole body smelled of sweat and was sticky. The river was already crowded with people. Hong Shan said, "Don't be afraid. I'll hold onto you. I guarantee that you won't fall."

He Yan looked troubled. "Forget it, Brother Shan. When it's late, I'll go to the river to get a few buckets of water and wash them in the shallows."

"Okay then." Hong Shan did not force him. "You rest first."

He Yan breathed a sigh of relief after Hong Shan and the others left.

This was probably one of the inconveniences of entering the army camp. As a lowly soldier, they did not have a separate room in the guard station or a separate tent in the wilderness. Taking a bath was a big problem. Because of this, she used to live a restrained life. Every night when she slept, she had to be careful not to let the cat out of the bag. However, as she gradually got promoted, she became a deputy general, and then a chief general. She had her own tent and room, so this was no longer a problem.

She did not expect that she would have to walk the same path as before.

He Yan lay on the bed and rested for a while. When the people who went to the river to take a bath came back one after another and everyone went to sleep, He Yan woke up when she heard Hong Shan's snoring. She looked at the moon outside the window and estimated that it was already midnight. She climbed out of bed, walked past Xiao Mai, rolled up her clean clothes, and sneaked out the door.

Outside the guard station in Liang Province, the wilderness was empty and the moon was bright and clear. Perhaps it was the border, but the moonlight was different from the one in the capital. He Yan tiptoed to the river.

The river around the guard station was at the foot of Mount Baiyue. Its name was very interesting. It was called the Five Deer River. It was said that one day, a fisherman who lived by the river came back from his boat in the middle of the night. He saw a fairy in plain clothes riding a five-colored deer on the surface of the river.

There were many large rocks by the river. He Yan found a piece of Shi Tou and placed her clean clothes behind the Shi Tou to prevent them from getting wet. Then she took off her outer clothes and walked in.

What she said to Hong Shan was right. After the incident of her drowning in the pond at the Xu family home, she did not dare to go near the water. Unless she had no other choice, she did not want to go to the river. Because of this, even if she went into the water, she only dared to do it in shallow water.

The river water was icy cold. It was very comfortable in the hot summer. The river breeze was also refreshing. He Yan wiped her face. She felt that the tiredness from carrying the sandbag in the afternoon had been swept away. Every part of her body felt comfortable and warm. The bright moon here was as cold as frost and snow. It shone on the boundless wilderness and the wide river. It was magnificent and elegant.